Introducing - The Scoop

Spaceysno1girl

Im not a poster i just enjoy reading and checking out the news on upcoming collections, does this mean i have to post in order to access that information?

Ana A

I you have the time to come and look for updates on collections, and care enough about knowing where and how to get them, you have time to participate. I also think its important to take care of the loyal members above all because if it wasn't for people like Erine and many others who make Specktra what it is, there wouldn't be much to post on in the first place. I mean that with the uttermost respect.

Spaceysno1girl

I just think that not all of us are posters, i suppose this does encourage more interaction from those that normally just read, but it might feel forced for some people which is a shame because its like being back at school, not everyone likes to put their hands up in class - i get why i just feel a little pressured to now make posts whereas i just loved reading the forums and getting the news on collections xx

beautynotes

This explains so much as to why I couldn't view the collection calendar anymore! It's actually better as it encourages me to get involved with the forums! Hopefully I can slowly gain access to the private forums. Just to be clear, the ten posts means to add my thoughts in different threads 10 times OR is it to start my own 10 times? Hopefully it's to share my thoughts on things :)

Ana A

This explains so much as to why I couldn't view the collection calendar anymore! It's actually better as it encourages me to get involved with the forums! Hopefully I can slowly gain access to the private forums. Just to be clear, the ten posts means to add my thoughts in different threads 10 times OR is it to start my own 10 times? Hopefully it's to share my thoughts on things :)
I doesn't matter where you post/comment as long as they are "honest" posts, meaning you aren't just posting gibberish. The access isn't immediate since the moderators have to assess what you post, again just to make sure they are "honest" posts. It should't take long though maybe 1 or 2 days which is how long I waited for access to the clearance bin when I first joined. :)

erine1881

I you have the time to come and look for updates on collections,  and care enough about knowing where and how to get them, you have time to participate.  I also think its important to take care of the loyal members above all because if it wasn't for people like Erine and many others who make Specktra what it is, there wouldn't be much to post on in the first place. I mean that with the uttermost respect. 
:heart: you!

beautynotes

Thank you for replying to me! I'm not going to flood the feed just to gain access, I like that they've done it as I can participate in it. I'm fairly new to this anyhow, still learning the ropes! what is the clearance bin? What does that give you access to? Or is that when they delete posts that has no relevance to the thread as I read somewhere earlier that they do that

Ana A

Thank you for replying to me! I'm not going to flood the feed just to gain access, I like that they've done it as I can participate in it. I'm fairly new to this anyhow, still learning the ropes! what is the clearance bin? What does that give you access to? Or is that when they delete posts that has no relevance to the thread as I read somewhere earlier that they do that
Happy to help :) Don't worry it takes some time to get the hang of it but most people here are very nice and willing to help. The clearance bin is a special part of the forum, where people swap, and or sell their makeup. Things they no longer use, stuff that didn't work for them etc. If helps when you missed out on something or if you're looking for something from past collections. (Mac and other brands as well) You need to have a least 50 posts to be able to access it.

Janice

I doesn't matter where you post/comment as long as they are "honest" posts, meaning you aren't just posting gibberish. The access isn't immediate since the moderators have to assess what you post, again just to make sure they are "honest" posts. It should't take long though maybe 1 or 2 days which is how long I waited for access to the clearance bin when I first joined. :)
Moderators and staff do not review content of posts for promotion to the correct usergroup. Not picking out your comment in particular, I just keep seeing this come up and it's not correct (I try to post each time I see it). The promotion is automatic once the backend script has ran and promoted the member to the correct usergroup.
I you have the time to come and look for updates on collections,  and care enough about knowing where and how to get them, you have time to participate.  I also think its important to take care of the loyal members above all because if it wasn't for people like Erine and many others who make Specktra what it is, there wouldn't be much to post on in the first place. I mean that with the uttermost respect. 
You see that badge under Erine's name "Platinum Supporter"? We've done what we can to ensure she has a completely safe place to post the information, should she wish. That would also encompass this entire "The Scoop" minimum post count change. So I would say I'm pretty much doing everything within reason, and without favoritism, to "take care" of loyal members. I also convey this with the uttermost respect.

Janice

I just think that not all of us are posters, i suppose this does encourage more interaction from those that normally just read, but it might feel forced for some people which is a shame because its like being back at school, not everyone likes to put their hands up in class - i get why i just feel a little pressured to now make posts whereas i just loved reading the forums and getting the news on collections xx
It does force a bit of interaction, but this is what works for our community right now. I hope you will see that posting isn't painful and hopefully it may loosen your fingers a bit to interact on topics that interest you. :)

beautynotes

Happy to help :) Don't worry it takes some time to get the hang of it but most people here are very nice and willing to help. The clearance bin is a special part of the forum, where people swap, and or sell their makeup. Things they no longer use, stuff that didn't work for them etc. If helps when you missed out on something or if you're looking for something from past collections. (Mac and other brands as well) You need to have a least 50 posts to be able to access it.
WOW that is actually awesome! I didn't know spectra even had a thread like that within the site! In a way, it would be better than constantly trying to find the items online on ebay which in more cases than less is way overpriced than it is! Having said that, make up is ridiculously expensive in Australia! There is a lot to look forward to then + if it wasn't for the change I would never have known! YAY!

beautynotes

You just added a post! Each post or thread creation counts toward your post count.

Sorry! There are plenty of cosmetic and off topic discussions for you to participate in. I am sure you will get to 10 posts before you know it!

It does force a bit of interaction, but this is what works for our community right now. I hope you will see that posting isn't painful and hopefully it may loosen your fingers a bit to interact on topics that interest you. :)
I actually like the new system you have going as i've already found out about the clearance bin thread you have which i DIDN'T even know existed before. How many times do you have to post to gain access. In a weird way it's a bit like a game, the more you play the more levels you unlock haha!

Latest posts