Is Grand Entrance Dupable??

jdechant

Sooo...this is a question coming from a girl that lives NOOOWHERE near a MAC counter. I just wanted to know if Grand Entrance is anything like MAC's other highlight colors. I currently have shroom, nylon, ricepaper, gesso, vellum for highlights. I know that the starflash finish is amazing, but is it any different from the colors mentioned above??
th_dunno.gif

Lyssah

On me it looks almost similar to Retrospeck, just with more pigmented colour.
I would recommend getting it, it's gorgeous. Although I do get a fair amount of fallout on my face from it (similar to retrospeck).
(I am NW15 for reference).

Oh, and to add - imo it is nothing like the the other colours you have.

MrsMay

To me, Grand Entrance is very similar to Shore Leave (LE from Naughty Nauticals) but frostier. I think it's kinda along the same vein as Phloof! from the perm line but much frostier as well.

Almost like a mix between Shore Leave and Lily White pigment if that helps.

jdechant

THanks! Good to know..I have wanted it for a long time but didn't know if it was similar to something I already had..so I guess I'll be buying it! Thanks!!

FiestyFemme

It reminds me a lot of Stila Kitten, which is why I didn't get it.
Not a MAC dupe, so sorry about that, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.
smiles.gif

hawaii02

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
It reminds me a lot of Stila Kitten, which is why I didn't get it.
Not a MAC dupe, so sorry about that, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.
smiles.gif

Kitten is said to be a dupe to Grand Entrance, but Kitten is also pinkish. I'd get GE!!
smiles.gif

Ernie

I have Grand Entrance, which I love. I also think there is no dupe. I also have shore leave which is lighter and pinker. Ricepaper is way more yellow, nylon is whiter,gesso is mat and shroom is more subtle.

I bought a second one as well.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii02
Kitten is said to be a dupe to Grand Entrance, but Kitten is also pinkish. I'd get GE!!
smiles.gif

Kitten isn't pink at all on me.
hmm.gif
Maybe it depends on the undertones of your skin? I'm pretty golden-toned, so I wonder if that could have something to do with it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Any dupes for Smoke & Diamonds?

Another Stila shade: Diamond Lil.
I wanted S&D, but after swatching it on my hand, I just couldn't justify it.
It looks so similar to Diamond Lil to me!

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii02
I have pink undertones in my skin...
th_dunno.gif

I just really wonder if that has something to do with it.
People seem to describe Kitten differently, and I've definitely heard it described as a pinky champagne.
But I don't see any pink in the pan or on my skin.
Weird.
th_dunno.gif

amyzon

Personally, now that I have Grand Entrance, I don't think I could live without it. It is a superior highlight and inner tearduct brightener, as valuable to me as Nylon... I think even if you could get close to duping the shade, there is still absolutely no way you're going to mimic the texture of these shadows, which is absolutely beautiful and so easy to work with and blend
smiles.gif
As for Smoke and Diamonds, which someone mentioned.... DAMN, there is absolutely nothing close - it's stunning!

jdechant

lol....^^ So...grand entrance is on the way...YAY!! Thanks for all the replies...I am SO excited to get it now!!

Latest posts