Is it fair to report people who are abusing MAC Pro?

doll.face

This is a question I've been wondering for quite some time. I recentely read a post where someone was reported by another member and they were banned from PRO.

I've seen a few very well known youtube gurus flat out abuse their Pro cards. It just really annoys me. Especially when I know there are hard working freelance MAs (who are just starting out) out there who can't get cards!

And, please note, I am (never was) not planning on reporting anyone. It was just a topic I was curious about.

Ethel

I think you don't know youtubers and should stay out of their lives. It's not your business.

jdechant

Quote:
Originally Posted by doll.face
Especially when I know there are hard working freelance MAs out there who can't get cards!

Why can't the freelance MA's get a PRO card??
th_dunno.gif

doll.face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethel
I think you don't know youtubers and should stay out of their lives. It's not your business.

Well, when they're flat out saying they cheated to get the card. It's a little
thmbdn.gif

dangerousmuffins

If you had proof that someone is abusing, maybe report it to MAC.
Proof as in written proof/video proof that this particular wrote or said something that you can report to MAC without any question that this person is abusing the discount.
But if this is just suspicions that you are having, then I would say no.

doll.face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdechant
Why can't the freelance MA's get a PRO card??
th_dunno.gif

Oh, no no. I just mean that I've read a lot in the FAQ Pro of people who don't have enough information etc. Like maybe for those who are just starting out.

jdechant

Quote:
Originally Posted by doll.face
Oh, no no. I just mean that I've read a lot in the FAQ Pro of people who don't have enough information etc. Like maybe for those who are just starting out.

Hmm...well I would say If you knew the person on a personal level and you had proof that they were abusing the system, then maybe there would be a reason to report them. But by watching Youtube videos, you can't really say that you know the person. For all you know, they could of done makeup gigs in the past and have a contract to prove it. I don't think without the full story you should be "Going there" Just my opinion...

doll.face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdechant
Hmm...well I would say If you knew the person on a personal level and you had proof that they were abusing the system, then maybe there would be a reason to report them. But by watching Youtube videos, you can't really say that you know the person. For all you know, they could of done makeup gigs in the past and have a contract to prove it. I don't think without the full story you should be "Going there" Just my opinion...

I understand what you're saying and that's a good point. I wasn't thinking of reporting anyone, don't get me wrong. It's something I've just always wondered and after I read a post on it, it got me thinking.

Septemba

I don't know. Does the reporting come out of malice or trying to put things right? How do they abuse the cards? I think it can be a pretty murky area jumping in like that, but I'm going to think about it.

doll.face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septemba
I don't know. Does the reporting come out of malice or trying to put things right? How do they abuse the cards? I think it can be a pretty murky area jumping in like that, but I'm going to think about it.

I understand what you're saying. I, personally, don't plan on reporting anyone. This is just a topic I was thinking about. If I did though, it would be to put things right. I just don't think its fair, you know? But like I said, I don't plan on reporting anyone.

TISH1124

I honestly wouldn't concern myself with it...Because most people that do wrong eventually their wrong doings will and does catch up with them. People can only abuse anything for a certain amount of time before they are caught. So just do you nad don't worry about them. I know it's disconcerning but there are always going to be people that push the envelope. PRO is the ones that should be checking more carefully, obviously they are not too concerned.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I honestly wouldn't concern myself with it...Because most people that do wrong eventually their wrong doings will and does catch up with them. People can only abuse anything for a certain amount of time before they are caught. So just do you nad don't worry about them. I know it's disconcerning but there are always going to be people that push the envelope. PRO is the ones that should be checking more carefully, obviously they are not too concerned.

iagree.gif

It might not be fair, but at the same time, it's not your place to try to deal out justice, or your business really. I hate hearing how people got a PRO card dishonestly, while honest people can't, but what can you do? Getting a few people banned from PRO isn't going to really change anything. Just MHO.

doll.face

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127

That's a very, very good point. I agree that PRO needs to look into things a little bit more.

NatalieMT

I agree it's wrong that people feel the need to unfairly abuse this system, which was cleverly put in place to help makeup artists develop their skills in an every thriving yet difficult industry. Those of us who just use makeup for fun, pay full price, I don't see why if someone is on youtube etc they feel it's right for you to get discount. The only difference is they love makeup and shout about it, they're not all using it for work.

In terms of reporting and the likes, karma will get them eventually so I wouldn't personally worry about trying to see justice done. I'm sure their conscience will sort them out! There is no point messing with what you can't control for the sake of it.

doll.face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
I hate hearing how people got a PRO card dishonestly, while honest people can't, but what can you do?.

Thank you. I think this is more of what I was trying to say.
yes.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

I can't seem to figure out how you can report someone that you don't know. I would imagine that you'd at least have to have some personal information about the violator to even begin the process, so I say just leave it alone.

doll.face

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
I can't seem to figure out how you can report someone that you don't know. I would imagine that you'd at least have to have some personal information about the violator to even begin the process, so I say just leave it alone.

Hm, maybe. I was thinking you could just bring the information to PROs attention and they could figure out the details.

panda0410

And if you gave them info that was misleading? What then? How do you kow these people are evern telling the truth when they say they did it? For all anyone knows they could be lying or just messing about. Unless you have some sort of proof I would leave it, you could end up being the catalyst for punishment that might NOT be deserved.

doll.face

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
And if you gave them info that was misleading? What then? How do you kow these people are evern telling the truth when they say they did it? For all anyone knows they could be lying or just messing about. Unless you have some sort of proof I would leave it, you could end up being the catalyst for punishment that might NOT be deserved.

Who knows, it was just something I was wondering, not something I was going to do.

abbey_08

she never said she wanted to report anyone she was just wondering the for and against reasons if it would be right or wrong in THEORY to report someone.

i dunno, i personally wouldnt tell if someone abused their PRO....they will get caught if they do it too much and banned anyway.

Latest posts