Is this for real? 12 msfs and bid so low?

gigglegirl

http://cgi.ebay.ca/MAC-Mineralize-Sk...QQcmdZViewItem
weird, 12 MAC msfs claimed to be BNIB at current price GBP .99

I thought msf would be pretty hard and costly to counterfeit, and as a seller, why start it so low? hmmm I don't get it. I don't see any note about there being a reserve price. I assume this will skyrocket but still, something makes me feel funny about this.

MiCHiE

No METAL ROCK?!?!? Blasphemous!!!

Seriously, I think the seller may be looking for a windfall with the bidding. There's only have 1 negative FB on the username, so hopefully, the sale goes well.

wolfsong

They are probably real for the following reasons:
The auctions only just started, it has nearly 9 days left, nearly 500 feedback, the MSF's havent to my knowledge been faked (too difficult apparently), they have real items up for sale in other auctions, sellers tend to put auctions up as 0.99 if they know the item will sell well for the following reasons:
- Low starting price = more people interested as they think they'll get a bargain.
- These people start bidding, and it generally turns into a bidding war.
- The bidding war generally pushes the price up higher than someone would pay buy-it-now for - and quite a lot of the time higher than the product is worth.
- High starting prices not only means that few people will be attracted to it, but also that there is very little room for bidding against each other. Therefore if someone sees a regular pigment going for 13 pounds with one bidder, they are likely to leave the auction alone.
- Sellers with shops will usually sell buy-it-now items for a set price near the RRP/item worth, but put up the exact same item up as auction for 0.99 or something. This is because buy-it-now auctions are guaranteed money, whilst auctions can depend on interest/demand at the time - though some sellers deceitfully tell the winning bidder that the item is lost/unavailable if it goes for too low.

COBI

Note to those in US with interest: According to seller, shipping to US will be 50 pounds (which is approx. $52US).

EDIT: I meant 25 pounds which is approximately $52US.

rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
Note to those in US with interest: According to seller, shipping to US will be 50 pounds (which is approx. $52US).

I think you have your exchange rates a bit wrong. £50 (Fifty pounds sterling) is nearer $100 (one hundred US dollars)

COBI

OOPS! I meant 25 pounds (I had the 50 in my head because of the US amount).

Latest posts