Kat Von D Adora Palette

Twinkle_Twinkle

Once upon a time there was a Kat Von D thread but now I can't find it. Weird.

Anyway, the new Kat Von D LE Palette is available on the Sephora website. It looks cool although the picture from Musing of a Muse (Kat Von D Adora True Romance Eyeshadow Palette Wicked Fierce! | Musings of a Muse) and the photo on the Sephora website look very different, and generally I feel like the Sephora product photos are accurate so I don't know what to think. It could be the angle that the MoM photo is taken at.

This palette has THREE of those horrid cream shadows! Why do you keep doing this Sephora!!!! WHY?!?!?! The cream shadows suck! I'll probably get it anyway, although I only think I'd be using the two last shades on the right and possibly the second and fourth shades on the left and I'm not sure if I can justify the purchase for 4 shades. But I own the other 4 LE palettes so now I kind of feel obligated to keep going...

xKiKix

i am with you, i agree that i'll only be purchasing this because i have all her palettes and feel obligated to continue. but why does she feel this palette needs not only one but THREE cream shadows is beyond me, lol.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKiKix
i am with you, i agree that i'll only be purchasing this because i have all her palettes and feel obligated to continue. but why does she feel this palette needs not only one but THREE cream shadows is beyond me, lol.

Seriously, I know! I even wrote to Sephora and complained about the cream shadows after the release of the Momento Mori palette. I have noticed that the cream shadows in the two most recent palettes still have a spreadable consistency whereas the cream shadows in my Metal Orchestra and Gypsy palettes are as hard as a rock. Maybe they changed the formula?

Also, if it makes you feel better about justifying the purchase of the palette, each shadow is full size (0.05 oz, the same as a MAC or Urban Decay shadow) so the palette is still a steal even if you wont use every shade.

xKiKix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Also, if it makes you feel better about justifying the purchase of the palette, each shadow is full size (0.05 oz, the same as a MAC or Urban Decay shadow) so the palette is still a steal even if you wont use every shade.

lol, thats actually the ONLY reason why i buy her palettes, it's definitely worth it for the price. but it is definitely nice to know that she's keeping the consistency as the cream from the momento mori palette because that was decent enough to use.

mac_aiken

I was hoping that my Sephora had received this palette already but they haven't. Can't wait to add it to my collection. I guess I am the only one who likes the cream shadows. They definitely need a primer under them for best results and I have found that the new NARS primer is the best one for cream shadows. Blew TFSI and UDPP out of the water.

xKiKix

i heard that sephora will start having them in stores sometime in august, but i forgot. currently it's only available online.

Ruby

I wish Sephora would post to the UK, the only way I got the Metal Orchestra palette was because my mate was going to Vegas and was kind enough to to to Sephora for me!

I agree with the sentiments about the cream shadows though, they're awful to use!

Mabelle

i dont own any of the KVD palettes, but i was playing with this one, and the cream shadow (the red was the only one i touched) seemed lovely.

we got the palettes in 2 weeks ago. last week we got the ridiculously overpriced traincase... so maybe next week well get the lipstick or fragence? who knows...

franken_stein

Yeah, I would be a lot more tempted to get it if it didn't have those cream shadows. The only palette I actually do have is Beethoven, and there are NO cream shadows in that one! All those shadows work really well for me.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken_stein
Yeah, I would be a lot more tempted to get it if it didn't have those cream shadows. The only palette I actually do have is Beethoven, and there are NO cream shadows in that one! All those shadows work really well for me.

Yeah Beethoven and Ludwig don't have cream shadows, but all of the LE palettes released to date do. :-/

MissResha

love her. love her palettes. but i refuse to buy this one. i hate the cream shadows. they are hard as tits. i'll pass.

redecouverte

I have some of her palettes but will not be getting this one. I know I won't be wearing the e/s as they look hard to pull off. The traincase is pretty but why is it so expensive?? It's not that roomy

Twinkle_Twinkle

I wish I had the restraint you guys have, but I don't. I've been dreaming of pairing those silvers and platinums with purples and reds, lol. So sad, I know.

iheartangE

I'm dying to test this palette out and I cannot wait to get the lipstick! I told all my co-workers the second we put the Adora lipsticks out I'm putting one aside to buy on break. I have a million matte red lipsticks and I've been waiting for a good metallic one forever-plus I think her lipstick formula is awesome
smiles.gif
The most comfortable mattes I've ever tried!

mac_aiken

Got this palette this week and I love it. It is my favorite of the bunch so far. Now if I could just get my hands on the lipstick. I am a red lip fiend and have been looking for a metallic candy apple red for ages. My store doesn't have it yet and the website is OOS. Also, my store didn't have the new fragrance. Has anyone here tried it? I love Sinner and wear it almost every day.

BadBadGirl

RE: Traincase

I want it so bad, but that price!
shockt.gif
I would've played the game and given you money for the mark-up Kat, but not at that price point. I'll give it to Sephora instead for their pink one.

Eye_ronic

i tried the Adora lipstick on at sephora and i absolutely loved it (plus i had no makeup and i wasnt terrified at all ,once i looked in the mirror). It literally brighten my hold face up!!!!! If anyone can recommend a good liner with this one that would be awesome.

Oh and i am NC42

Latest posts