• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

(>'.')> Keeping it soft & glowy <('.'<)

user79

Finally another tutorial from me! Since this one got so many replies and also some people asking for a tutorial, I decided to do it again step by step.

http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=50819

This is the final look we're going for. Unfortunately the flash washed out the colours a bit and I didn't get any more good final shots, but it really looked almost like the FOTD I posted.

Daytime lighting:
finished-look-2.jpg

finished-look-1.jpg

These are all the products you will need.
products-used.jpg

Note: The Rimmel lipgloss is a perfect match to MAC Wonderstruck Lustreglass, and the highlighter mix I used is a mix of various MAC pigments (White, Goldenaire, Tan, Melon, Fairlite), and also the #187 brush is not pictured

So here I start with my face already prepped with strobe cream, foundation and concealer. Since most people are already set in their ways with that routine, I decided to skip documenting that and just go ahead with the fun part.
graucho.gif

Here I start with a plain face.
step-1.jpg

I apply a dollop of Stilife paint on the back of my hand
step-2.jpg

Apply to my whole eye area from lashline to browline using my fingers.
step-3.jpg

I pat on some loose powder under my eyes to catch any fall-out from the pigments and eyeshadow. Then I add the highlight just underneath the brow area using a small lid brush.
step-4.jpg

Then I add Goldenaire pigment...
step-5.jpg

and Melon pigment...
step-6.jpg

And finally Jest e/s! Blend everything together seamlessly, I use the same lid brush or sometimes I use the #222.
step-7.jpg

Apply brown pencil eyeliner around your eyes, it can be rather thick. Try to stick close to the lashline though.
step-8.jpg

Soften the harsh line with a smudge tool, mine has a smudger on the end of the pencil.
step-9.jpg

Then, add a bit of black eyekohl close to the lashline, concentrating on the outer eye, top and bottom lashes of course.
step-10.jpg

Again, blend it all together with the smudger. There should be no harsh lines.
step-11.jpg

It should look like this.
step-11b.jpg

With the #272 brush, I use the flat tip of the brush to pack on Much e/s overtop of the eyeliner part. The e/s should cover all the black & brown eyeliner.
step-12.jpg

Then I use the side of the brush to blend the Mulch together with the other colours, using the windshield-wiper technique.
step-13.jpg

Curl your eyelashes, apply mascara, and use the brow kit to groom and fill in your eyebrows. This should be the finished eye look.
step-14.jpg

step-14b.jpg

Next, I use my #182 kabuki brush to buff the Bronze CCB around my cheek area, and also on the bridge of my nose, forehead, and a bit on the chin.
step-15.jpg

Apply the Nars Orgasm blush with the #187 brush. I apply it on my cheekbones...
step-16.jpg

...and on the apples.
step-17.jpg

Then I buff everything together with the #182 again to give that flawless finish. I love this brush so much!!!
step-18.jpg

Final step, apply a coat of clear lipglass, and a dab of Wonderstruck lustreglass on top.
step-19.jpg

And we're done!
finished-look-2.jpg

finished-look-1.jpg

I think the only difference between this recreated look and my original FOTD is that I used more Goldenaire pigment and no Melon, as far as I can remember.

seba

I'm so going to copy this, except I don't have Goldenaire
ssad.gif
. Can you recommend a good substitute for this? Thanks so much!!

Juneplum

again... ur GORGEOUS!!! thanks for the tute
greengrin.gif
your skin is just AMAZING! you are just such a natural beauty!!!

Ralphdog

Beautiful! I have most of the products you used so I'm going to have to try this. Which Rimmel gloss did you use?

antirazor

Lovely.

I just have a question about the loose powder under eye. I know a lot of people do this, so I guess it works well. But I'm wondering if you use a brush to wipe it away, or just a tissue. I imagine with my luck, while wiping it off I would end up smearing the e/s just above it or some other catastrophe!

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by antirazor
Lovely.

I just have a question about the loose powder under eye. I know a lot of people do this, so I guess it works well. But I'm wondering if you use a brush to wipe it away, or just a tissue. I imagine with my luck, while wiping it off I would end up smearing the e/s just above it or some other catastrophe!

I use a large powder brush. Not the kabuki because I think it would absorb the powder, but a cheap drugstore one.

Also, about the Rimmel lipgloss, I can't remember what it's called because the name isn't on the tube, but I think it is Rimmel Vinyl Stars Sun Kissed....or Star Kissed. Something like that. It's a perfect match to MAC Wonderstruck l/g though.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by seba
I'm so going to copy this, except I don't have Goldenaire
ssad.gif
. Can you recommend a good substitute for this? Thanks so much!!

Hmm I'm not sure what is similar since I don't have a lot of pinks. Maybe a bit of Sushi Flower e/s over Vanilla pigment?

Latest posts