keeping mac boxes

franimal

I was just wondering if anyone else is a freak about keeping their makeup in boxes. Like I know my makeup would be organized much nicer and it would take me less time to do my makeup if I didnt have to open so many boxes to get to all the various products and then repackage them again. I even saved all the plastic sleeves brushes come in. Part of it is that I don't want the mac label to wear off but even when the box is falling apart and beat up from pulling it in and out of my purse, I still keep them. Is anyone else such a spaz like this? Even when I got my new laptop I refused to peel the plastic protective sheet off of it. I think I'm OCD or something. Please convince me to let it go and throw them away!

..kels*

ohh lord.. i held on to my boxes for WAY too long. i was OCD about it too, repackaging every time i used something. as much as i loved how organized it looked it was too much of a hassle to keep the boxes. i couldn't throw them out on my own tho.. i think i had some kind of emotional attachment..
winks.gif
so my mom & my b/f had to help me do it.
rofl.gif
i don't miss my beloved boxes as much as i thought i would, so i say you should definitely try to toss them out.
thmbup.gif

NobodyPlease

I so can totally understand this. LOL I still have most of mine in boxes. However I am getting good at taking them out. I do keep the boxes though. Just in case.

franimal

thats a good idea, i should have my bf do it for me or maybe ween myself off of them by keeping them in a separate place and seeing if i really miss them

..kels*

Quote:
Originally Posted by franimal
or maybe ween myself off of them by keeping them in a separate place and seeing if i really miss them

that's exactly what i did! haha. i tossed them into an old purse of mine & hid it in the back of my closet. after about 4 months i finally realized i didn't need them & they were just wasting space & adding clutter.

Deirdre

I keep all my makeup in drawers and organizers. By keeping things in their boxes, label side up, I am able to locate exactly what I need, when I need it. So I do keep my boxes, as it's most practical for me.

xbrookecorex

I keep the boxes, but I don't keep the products IN the boxes. I just have a bag full of boxes. I don't know why but I HATE throwing them out. They're kinda nice? haha

bruinshorty

I usually keep them for a while, and then they make me angry so I throw them away. I still have my fluidliners, quads, and MSFs in their boxes (if I'm not too lazy to put them back). Why? I have no idea. I still have the plastic inserts in the quads and MSFs too.

I totally didn't take the plastic off of my laptop either. I had a blue dell and I didn't want the cover to get scratched, so I left it on, even though it was bent and peeling at the edges. Then I got a new computer, gave that one to my brother, and the first thing he did was rip the plastic off :/

DOLLface

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrookecorex
I keep the boxes, but I don't keep the products IN the boxes. I just have a bag full of boxes. I don't know why but I HATE throwing them out. They're kinda nice? haha

I keep all my boxes in a bag, too. I just can't seem to get rid of them.

franimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinshorty
I usually keep them for a while, and then they make me angry so I throw them away. I still have my fluidliners, quads, and MSFs in their boxes (if I'm not too lazy to put them back). Why? I have no idea. I still have the plastic inserts in the quads and MSFs too.

I totally didn't take the plastic off of my laptop either. I had a blue dell and I didn't want the cover to get scratched, so I left it on, even though it was bent and peeling at the edges. Then I got a new computer, gave that one to my brother, and the first thing he did was rip the plastic off :/

I have a blue dell too! I wonder if its the same one? its kinda a pos. i also wouldnt dream of throwing away the little plastic inserts in my MSFs!

soleil1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Hey, if I did keep them, I could glue them all together and make a killer fort!

If you combined that will all the boxes I have in a bag in my closet, we could make a comfortable 2BD, 1B house! I need help... :durrr:

Jacq-i

I LOVE pulling off plastic!! I begged my bf to let me pull it off his phone, his iPod and his watch. He let me, and he still doesn't understand why I was so excited to pull them off.

Ahem, anyway... I keep my boxes, in another box from a Tutti Dolci giftset I got a while back. I only keep my dupes in their boxes though... I tried keeping my makeup in them, but I hated my boxes getting beat up.

maxipoodle1

omg i soo used to keep all my boxes....but just recently i threw them all away....ehem most of them away...lol....they were really becoming a bother...i thought i was weird for keeping the boxes..but i guess we're just cool like that huh!haha

BlahWah

My husband didn't know I keep all my boxes in a drawer and accidentally opened it one day... let's just say he questioned for awhile what kind of person he married...
rofl.gif

He's asked me to throw them out and it's hard for me to because most of my products are LE and I'm reminded of how I saved for these items, the fun I had buying them... I know, pathetic. *sigh* I'm planning to at least flatten them to make more room and in case I need them for reselling, but once we move into our (yet-to-be-bought) condo I'll probably toss all but Lure and Barbie.... and maybe the msf's... and palettes... aiyah!

aeni

I keep mine b/c I've seen some people make some extra cash on ebay that way. I don't have LE items really, but the way I look at things - some things WILL.

LMcConnell18

mine arent IN the boxes... but i still have them all in this really big mac bag!! lol even the sleeves for the brushes!
weird huh?

Latest posts