keratin hair straightening

mena22787

has anyone tried this or know someone who has? did they like it or hate it and why?

my aunt is a hairdresser and volunteered to do my hair, which is thin but curly, and i'm contemplating doing/not doing it... thanks for your input!

PiccolaMandorla

I did it and loved it, but it's $$$ and I was flat ironing my hair every day. It completely eliminated the need to iron and I didn't turn into Medusa on the beach. It lasted a good three months. I had it done back in August and my hair only needs minimum taming still. The worst part for me was not being able to shampoo for 72 hours. You can use a dry shampoo like Batiste though!

blondie711

My son's girlfriend had it done about a month ago. She is estatic with the results. Her hair is/was curly and long. It would take her forever to get ready, she dried it straight everyday! Yuck! Now she can let it dry naturally or dry it with the hair dryer for a very sleek look. Here it costs about $425.00, but I have a friend that did it after hours at the salon for $150.00. Their system is the Peter Coppola (sp?) one. Her hair is so more healthy now that she is not drying it everyday for an hour. You have to use sulfate free products, she loves the new Loreal line. HTH!
Here's a pic I took of them a week after, she didn't even dry it, just curled the bottom a bit...

Latest posts