Kijiji/craigslist etc

thefbomb

Has anyone had much success buying authentic MAC on these websites. I responded to one ad and after a while they never got back to me and I'm very hesitant and suspicious about authenticity. I found one ad that's like 50% off cost or something at $8 a piece and had a photo
ad3ffd84_image.jpeg
Maybe to good to be true. How do you all go about making sure what you get is authentic?

thefbomb

Okay here's an update for anyone who might help I got a msg back since I emailed them asking which LE lipsticks they had since I saw some viva glams. The lipsticks are $8. Their reply was: "Hey I actually have a huge collection of them I've sold a bunch have a lot more if u want we can meet you can take a look at them. Some of the lipstick cases names r different due to packaging defect which is why they are really cheap. Let me know if your still interested." So what do you all think? Am I right to assume this is a scam then

Rebellefleur

hmm sounds a bit shady.. although I personally sell mac stuff on kijiji, stuff I have that I never use, but never for that cheap. $8 for a $18.50 lipstick is a little crazy.. sounds like they got them at a fake mac wholesale site.

thefbomb

hmm sounds a bit shady.. although I personally sell mac stuff on kijiji, stuff I have that I never use, but never for that cheap. $8 for a $18.50 lipstick is a little crazy.. sounds like they got them at a fake mac wholesale site.
Yeah I decided not to get them! Sounded sketchy from the start, I just needed assurance haha :p

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Those look like Viva Glam lippies in all kinds of colours they never even made. And I've never seen packaging like the one in the back with the print on the lid either. I'd say: fake as hell!

Rebellefleur

watch out for fake mac eyeshadow quads on kijiji ...I remember my friend bought one from the cult of cherry collection a few years ago and we compared it to the one I got from a mac store and they looked almost identical.. the only thing that was off was the batch number and the lack of pigmentation on the fake one.

pumpkinspice

So what do you all think? Am I right to assume this is a scam then
WTF2.gif
...sketchy ..trust your gut feelings, they are all fake/counterfeit might even poison you,
sick.gif
.. MAC does not sell factory blemished anything, they don't wholesale either. These are Chinese knockoffs
censored.gif

Latest posts