Ladurée will launch makeup line.

Ernie

SWEET TEMPTATIONS: Ladurée, of macaron fame, is gearing up to launch color cosmetics in Japan in February called Les Merveilleuses de Ladurée (or The Wonders of Ladurée, in English). Created by Albion, the collection centers on 20 different blush colors in the form of cameos. Also in the line are liquid foundation and lip color. The makeup is slated for introduction in Europe next fall, followed by the U.S. and elsewhere in Asia.

I find it strange that a bakery will be introducing a makeup line. Even as fabulous as their macarons are....I wonder.

MarieMary

Let's bump this thread up, shall we! :D

Since very very recently, Les Merveilleuses line by Ladurée is now available in France. That made me wonder... What do our members from Asia or living in Asia think about the products? Are they worth the price?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Let's bump this thread up, shall we! :D

Since very very recently, Les Merveilleuses line by Ladurée is now available in France. That made me wonder... What do our members from Asia or living in Asia think about the products? Are they worth the price?
Great idea! This line does seem to have its following. So Lonely in Gorgeous has posted some reviews on her blog from time to time:

http://www.solonelyingorgeous.com/search/label/Les%20Merveilleuses%20Laduree

MarieMary

Her swatches are so neat! Thanks for sharing. :)

Would you like to try Ladurée, katred?

It seems the packaging is a big hit. I've rarely seen criticisms of the packaging, but I've read conflicting reviews about the products themselves. Some say they're worth the price, others say they're lacking in the pigmentation department.

I think they're expensive, more in France than in Japan actually. But I'd be curious to swatch them. Maybe if I go to Paris one day...

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm curious about them, because they get such rave reviews. My only hesitation is that I think that they still employ animal testing, which is something I try to avoid in companies I buy from. I love their aesthetic, though.

If you click the link in my previous post again, you can see their absolutely adorable petal blushes (added today). I don't think I could bring myself to use them!!

Dominique33

I'm curious about them, because they get such rave reviews. My only hesitation is that I think that they still employ animal testing, which is something I try to avoid in companies I buy from. I love their aesthetic, though.

If you click the link in my previous post again, you can see their absolutely adorable petal blushes (added today). I don't think I could bring myself to use them!!
It's available here, the petal blushes are around 130 € ( box and refill ) I think. I'll pass but it looks very pretty.

Latest posts