Lauder's Blue Dalhia Fall Color View

KimmyAnn_678

vinqjb.jpg

2jwmpw.jpg

I was surprised with all the talk of the Lancome fall collection, no one mentioned the Estee Lauder Blue Dahlia one. Because I'm in LOVE LOL. These pics do absolutely no justice to the eyeshadows, which you know if you've seen them in the stores yourselves.

I ran into the store on my day off when we got the quints in because I had been drooling over the Surreal Violet quint for weeks in the Fall look book. I just had to have it so I could wear it when I went to Fall Seminar the next day LOL.

My store only has the quints and none of the other products so I've also gotten the Raspberry Pop gloss (the fuschia one that is part of the Surreal Violet set) and the Surreal Violet nail polish. Which I think is one of the best colors I've ever used. This will be my fall color. It's the perfect "greige" for people that like purple because it has a slight violet hue to it, along with a subtle amber shimmer in the light.

The new eyeshadows are silky smooth, very pigmented and last all day. The new quints were designed so you could wear them numerous ways, and so far I've done a ton of different looks with my Surreal Violet one. If you are color sure you can use the deeper colors across the one diagonal. If you are color shy, you can use the more nuetral ones across the other diagonal. And if you want to do the trend look (below) you use all the colors
smiles.gif

e022wp.jpg

martiangurll

Yes--those are gorgeous quads and the nail polish looks smokin cool too. I am usually impressed with the EL quad quality--consistently uniform quality e/s like buttah!

(Guess it makes sense since they are MAC mothership)

I just wish they would update the old lady packaging (sheesh) I better shut up since to most of you ladies I would be an old lady so pleez don't throw any shoes at me for saying that
cutey.gif

Blushbaby

IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5057.jpg

IMG_5419.jpg

page-2.jpg

IMG_4626.jpg

IMG_4627.jpg

IMG_4633.jpg

I have a few of the eyeshadows and will upload swatches of those on my blog over the weekend - time permitting.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
I just wish they would update the old lady packaging (sheesh) I better shut up since to most of you ladies I would be an old lady so pleez don't throw any shoes at me for saying that
cutey.gif

Funny you should say that. I really like the packaging of this collection. Estee Lauder's tried its best to look modern, yet still remain classy.

KimmyAnn_678

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
cutey.gif

Actually they have
smiles.gif
The new quints as well as the ES singles are a shiny gold with the EL initials in matte gold. The problem I've had at our counter though is that the singles are slightly hard to pop open. Granted these are brand new ones, so maybe they will loosen up after they've been used a bit
smiles.gif

The new lipglosses also feature the same gold caps. If you line up three, each turned to the next side, you'll make the "EL" signature
smiles.gif

Well, the pic I had is huge... I'll have to try and make it smaller. I mean it was HUGE LOL.

And I guess since Blushbaby has been kind enough to show the Blue Dahlia shades, I'll try to get swatches for what I have so far. I also have the Sizzling Copper single ES.

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5057.jpg

IMG_5419.jpg

page-2.jpg

IMG_4626.jpg

IMG_4627.jpg

IMG_4633.jpg

I have a few of the eyeshadows and will upload swatches of those on my blog over the weekend - time permitting.

Wow those shadows swatched so well for you! When I swatched them when they came in they did not look good for me at all : /

Latest posts