Laura Gellar's Spackle

couturesista

I was watching QVC/HSN one of the two, and I saw Laura Gellar and her product line, her baked face and eye products seemed interesting and so did this Spackle product! Yes, I am a QVC/HSN junkie, especially in the middle of the night!

Has anyone tried LG's Spackle, if so, how was it? Thnx!

bellovesmac

i love this product, it can be a little drying at times, but i always put a thick layer of lip balm on before i use it then wipe it when i am ready to apply it and that stops it drying out my lips. I really recommend it.

TISH1124

I love the eye spackle, Blush n Brighten in Apricot and Down to Earth and the Balance n Bronze baked Powder

The Spackle Primer is great too...I have used her products for years ...QVC junkie too

User38

I regularly use the Eye spackle under concealer -- especially for ladies who have smile lines
smiles.gif

georgiabarredo

a couple of years ago i bought this laura geller kit... it had spackle in it dont remember wat kind... but it was ehhh nothing to write home about

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
Thanks Ladies!
I was lemming at the balance and bronze, is it similar to the MSFs?

Yes but nowhere near the glitter and shimmer

Candy Christ

I tried LG Spackle and it was pretty much crap. It looks good at first but then a few seconds later it makes your face look dry and cracked and your makeup is gone in like an hour, that was just my experience though, yours cold be different. I still have the bottle, I only used it twice so if you're interested in it PM me.

tdm

I bought the value set from QVC last year. Got the face spackle, Balance and Bronze, Blush n brighten in apricot berry, Dream creams lip palette, Baked Shadow in Bewitching Bronze (eye rimz), and three brushes (dual powder/blush, retractible lip and a eye smudger). All for $59. I thought it was a great deal.

Anywho, I love everything except the Balance and Bronze. You are suppose to be able to just use this alone on your face, but it does nothing for my color. I do use the bronze side from time to time.

The spackle works great as well. For me, it doesn't hold my oils as well as the sb photofinish, but it is still good. You get alot more product with spackle at a cheaper price than photofinish.

I think it is well worth the buy.

alka1

I love the Spackle primer. Because it lightly hydrates the skin, it's one of the few primers I can use without having to apply moisturizer first. I have oily skin so the primer is really all I need.. It's a light gel texture and doesn't have the slippery feel other primers have, it absorbs nicely.

Caderas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Christ
I tried LG Spackle and it was pretty much crap. It looks good at first but then a few seconds later it makes your face look dry and cracked and your makeup is gone in like an hour, that was just my experience though, yours cold be different. I still have the bottle, I only used it twice so if you're interested in it PM me.

I really don't like mine either! the best use I put it towards was an eyeshadow base before I bought UDPP, even then it burned my lids when I removed it later. it's really strange stuff!

lauraglou

I love the Laura Geller Balance and Brighten and I've now got my sister, mum and best friend hooked too. I gently dust it over my foundation to set it and it leaves my makeup looking flawless. Only pain is, it's a lot more expensive here in the UK so I stock up loads when I visit the States.

Temptasia

Could the word "Spackle" sound any less appealing as a facial product?

Sounds like I could it get at a home restoration store next to the cement aisle.

Sorry, never tried it so it can't give you a productive 2 cents.
greengrin.gif

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptasia
Could the word "Spackle" sound any less appealing as a facial product?

Sounds like I could it get at a home restoration store next to the cement aisle.

Sorry, never tried it so it can't give you a productive 2 cents.
greengrin.gif

When she's on QVC she often shares the story of why she named it that way;

Laura used to work as a makeup artist at TV stations before starting her own line of products. One day of the newscasters came in, she was having a bad skin care day and told Laura "I'm gonna need more than just a primer - I need Spackle!" and thus the idea of a Spackle primer was born
smiles.gif

Latest posts