Laura Mercier Discussion

Miss QQ

I saw the smoky eye palette yesterday but I didn't swatch it. I dont have anything from LM so i dont know if it is wise to spend a lot on a palette as the first item. But i want to swatch it next week. Didnt know it comes with brushes and an instruction booklet. I swatched the lip glosses and the blush. Is the lipglosss good? There is a strong caramel scent and I'm no sure if I can stand it.

Ingenue

Okay, Laura Mercier wins the Highlighter Awards this year. The Illuminator for Holiday 2011 is DIVINE. It's a distinct rose gold... not pink, not white, and not gold. It's got a lovely shimmer... but it's so warm that fair shades can wear it as a blush. Very rich, very lovely... and quite attractive at 30-40.00 less than Guerlain and Chanel.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm actually wearing LM stick gloss in Black Orchid (how do I have two lipsticks called Black Orchid?) today. Lovely and moisturising. I haven't tried too much from her, but I've been so impressed with everything. I'm really curious about the highlighter.

I wrote this in another thread already, but I'm furious that I missed her "Canyon" Fall collection. The shadows, blush and lipsticks (which are still available here) were absolutely stunning, but my counter whisked the collection away in record time, so I got to buy precisely nothing. Now it's gone from the counter and gone (if it was ever there) from Sephora. Everything is still on the LM web site, but they don't ship to Canada.
angry.gif

I know that I don't need to follow another brand, but I'm getting drawn in...

User38

pop outs! I just adore the pop out components and have compiled a whole palette plus a half of another.. lol.. of blush and es.. and I love them all. With as much travelling as I do, this is the easiest way to coordinate my eyes and cheeks easily and in one place.. I agree they are amazing. I love the foundation for evening and the blushes are perfect for me... I passed on the highliter cause I have a few.. err, many, which are very similar. but it is lovely.

Winthrop I have only seen the pics too, but if I see it at the mall this weekend, I'll let you know what I think - it has caught my eye as well.......

anita, I also love the illuminating tinted moisturizer and the baked shadows....and the Second Skin cheek color.....and the Creme Smooth foundation!! And the eye shadows in general are quite pretty. I have a palette for mine, which makes it much easier for me. I wish all the lines had the 'pop-out' components like LM, BB and Le Metier de Beaute do.
yes.gif

User38

katred this topic of names came up in another thread.. and if you google the Black orchid name, you may get 20,000 cosmetic products.. from potions, perfumes to lip colours.. lol. Nothing new under the sun.

that said... one of my fave lip gloss/ moisturizers is Black orchid from LM.. it is soft, keeps my lips with a bit of colour and I use it on top of other ls which might be too screamy for me.. like my hot fuschias..

anita22

I'm actually wearing LM stick gloss in Black Orchid (how do I have two lipsticks called Black Orchid?) today. Lovely and moisturising. I haven't tried too much from her, but I've been so impressed with everything. I'm really curious about the highlighter.

I wrote this in another thread already, but I'm furious that I missed her "Canyon" Fall collection. The shadows, blush and lipsticks (which are still available here) were absolutely stunning, but my counter whisked the collection away in record time, so I got to buy precisely nothing. Now it's gone from the counter and gone (if it was ever there) from Sephora. Everything is still on the LM web site, but they don't ship to Canada.
angry.gif

I know that I don't need to follow another brand, but I'm getting drawn in...
Katred, Beautique still stock some of the items from the LM fall collection. The prices of the items will probably be a bit more than they would sell for in Canada (as it's based in Europe, our prices are usually higher here) but they do ship to Canada.

Link: http://www.urbanretreat.co.uk/beautique/beautique/product/Laura_Mercier/Cheek_Melange.aspx

JulieDiva

Bumping because I love laura mercier products...and I am wondering if anyone bought the Sephora Spring shadow/blush palette.
i love it but don't NEED iot, as I bought the book of nudes in December...they look very similar...don't they???

shontay07108

Ha! I was looking for this thread. Surprised it's so slow. I bought a lipstick called Clementine. It's in a recent collection of glossy lipsticks and nail polishes. It's awesome. It really feels and looks like a gloss. I also bought a coral nail polish, Cabana (selling out fast!). Love it! Finally, two LM products that I enjoy after several tries. I might go back for the other lipsticks.

Ingenue

Plunked down for the Secret Brightening Powder (TO DIE FOR), Secret Camouflage (still learning how to use it), and the Eye Canvas (don't really need it).

It's a shame this brand doesn't get more play. When it comes to really perfecting the skin, LM has made it an art form.

shontay07108

I guess I should give that powder another try(?). I tried #1 years ago and wasn't super impressed. Maybe #2 is better for me. We'll see.

Ingenue

I guess I should give that powder another try(?). I tried #1 years ago and wasn't super impressed. Maybe #2 is better for me. We'll see.

#1 is too white... and it has flashback on warmer skin tones. #2 has more of a yellow hue. It's caused me to put all my other powders aside, because you use 'so' little to set everything. I love it.

afulton

I picked up #1 from Sephora but didn't know about #2. I agree, it's too white. I guess I have to go back and get #2 someday.
#1 is too white... and it has flashback on warmer skin tones. #2 has more of a yellow hue. It's caused me to put all my other powders aside, because you use 'so' little to set everything. I love it.

anita22

Plunked down for the Secret Brightening Powder (TO DIE FOR), Secret Camouflage (still learning how to use it), and the Eye Canvas (don't really need it).

It's a shame this brand doesn't get more play. When it comes to really perfecting the skin, LM has made it an art form.

I absolutely love the Secret Brightening Powder and Secret Camouflage! They are definitely essential products for me. I haven't tried the Eve Canvas yet, though I have been thinking about it!

shellygrrl

Staff member
I've been using the Oil-Free Foundation Primer for a couple months or so now and I really like it. I've even come to prefer it over my old favourite, Smashbox Photofinish Light. :nod:

shadowaddict

I've been using this forever under my eyes. I really like it. Sometimes though I do wonder if it is really making much difference, but oh well still continue to buy it. I use it with the Camouflage Powder Brush.

shontay07108

I just bought the powder in #2. It seems much better already just swatching it. I have yet to use it on my face, though. Can't wait to try it out.

Ingenue

I'm glad you got it! Remember, a little goes a LONG way. And don't dust areas around the edges of the face (you don't need it there). Concentrate on the center of the face, bridge of the nose, cheekbones.

romi79_2008

I heard so many great things about certain laura mercier products, i want to give them a try! First will be the loose translucent powder, than i want to try the silk creme foundation, anyone tried it? i`m looking for medium to full coverage and i heard it delivers but it sets in wrinkles/fine lines? The secret camouflage and primer. the line has so many primers....

Latest posts