Laura Mercier?

battipatti

I've been hearing great things, and asked around on MUA and apparently my best choice for my prom MU is Laura Mercier, I called and made an appointment today, and even though the first lady thought I was a prank calling 11 year old, I finally settled for a noon makeover on May 5th with a really sweet sounding gal. I was told that in their makeovers they take the products you choose then show you how to apply them? y/n? I'm an NC30ish or a Light Tan in EM, here's my dress: http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...o/CIMG2772.jpg, my boyfriend is going to be wearing a black and burgundy tux, and I'm going to be dying my hair burgundy in a couple weeks. I kind of want to have a neutral look with red lips, but does anyone have any other suggestions? What are some must haves? I don't want to spend TOO much, but it might be unavoidable.

minerva

I had my first Laura Mercier experience yesterday (I LOVE LOVE the MAs at my Saks counter; so nice, and 3 of them were helping me! I went to the Nordstroms one earlier, and when I asked her for a product the MA just pointed it out to me and went back to reapplying her makeup. Went back to Saks today to get some more of their stuff
greengrin.gif
) and you definitely need to try their mineral powder! It looks so natural. I also suggest secret camouflage (actually, all their secret stuff; concealer, eye brightener).

Fairybelle

Ask the artist for smokey eyes and nude lips. Your dress is dramatic and this would be a nice sexy look to complement. How about asking for sunkissed bronze skin, with a touch of bronzer. Then a nice soft beigy-pink blush on cheeks. Hightlight cheekbones with loose iridescent powder (LM has a fantastic one!). Keep eyes smokey with soft charcoal shades, or browns for a tiny bit less drama, line with a black or charcoal kohl liner. LOTS of mascara, and some falsies.
Keep lips in soft shades of pink or nude, topped with gloss (another plus about light l/s for Prom is that you won't have to worry about it all night-- if you have red or dark lipstick the upkeep is harder and you don't want to spend all night worrying about your lips). HTH!!

Ms. Z

That dress is gorgeous!!!!!!!!
eyelove.gif
Have a great time!

I'm curious, have you worn your hair burgandy before?

Latest posts