Lighting & Makeup! Help!!

dolcedaniela

Have you ever done your makeup in the house, only to go out and see that your makeup looks completely different in the daylight!! - terrible and uneven and you can see each and every imperfection. Suddenly your flawless face is very flawed...
nope.gif

What kind of lighting would be best to do my makeup in to be in all types of lighting - outside, at the mall, at a party...
I have seen these "daylight lightbulbs" and "warm lightbulbs" and don't get me started on the different watts and the glory of energy saving - perhaps the lighting I do my makeup in is a more flattering light . I just don't know!

Anyone know anything about this <3 you'll be my new best friend.

xoxo

gildedangel

The lighting in my house is kind of poor, so I actually go look at my makeup in about 4 different mirrors around the house as I do the makeup! I find that the best lighting are the really white bulbs; warm ones and yellow ones throw off the colors for me.

anita22

I always try and do my makeup in as natural a light as possible.. normally I sit close to the window in the morning. I find that's the best way to achieve something that will look fine both indoors and outdoors. (I also do a little check in the mirror in the car too!)

I have an illuminated mirror, but I hardly ever use it as the light just isn't strong enough.

L1LMAMAJ

during the day, i use natural light so i just turn my blinds a bit and a lot of light comes in. i used to do my makeup in the bathroom but it was all bad cuz it looked crazy whenn i went outside.

ForgetRegret

I've used the bulbs that are supposed to be the same as sunlight, and for me, it makes a huuuuge difference. I don't have a convenient place to do my makeup in the sunlight, so I use those bulbs, and I don't look like a freak when I walk out the door...unless that was my goal.

InspiredBlue

I do my makeup by a desk lamp with a florescent bulb turned right at my face.
Like this one:
37238_PE129199_S3.jpg

It mimics daylight pretty well and is quite unforgiving. Some days I do my makeup and feel like I look a bit meh, get up and look at myself in another mirror by normal indoor lighting and I look much better..
winks.gif
But I'd much rather have it this way then the other way around.
In the summer months I sit by a window instead.

kaliraksha

I think makeup has the potential to look worst in daylight.. so I do mine in daylight or my mirror switched on "daylight". That way it should hopefully look better in any other light. I love warm lightening for anything... which is why I'm always excited to do my makeup for a candlelit dinner type place.

Latest posts