Lipgloss & taste/flavor/scent ?

Beryl

I have not bought any lipgloss in years so looking for some information from the lipgloss users on the forum. Any info on taste/flavor/scent/sticky/nonsticky etc. Was reading some reviews online but thought about asking here also.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I find that Armani and Nars are the least scented of the glosses that I own. Nars ones don't tend to last very long on my lips, though. YSL ones have a fruity scent (I guess it's fig, but I honestly wouldn't eat anything that smelled like that) that's kind of off-putting. Illamasqua is pretty low on the scent factor too.

Bite and Mac have some of the stickiest glosses around, but they're also some of the most pigmented.

It really depends on what's most important. I think there's a formula for everybody, really.

Lipglass*Lover*

*~*IMO, MAC lipglasses (cremesheen glasses, dazzleglasses, lustreglasses, & plushglasses) all have a light vanilla cupcake scent. They are pretty sticky, but they last at least 3-4 hours on me. In order from the least sticky to most sticky are: cremesheen glasses (my personal favorite), lustreglasses, plushglasses, dazzleglasses, and lipglasses (one of the stickiest gloss I've ever used). MAC is my favorite gloss brand hands down, but other brands have good ones as well. Tom Ford lip gloss has a vanilla caramel scent, and they are not as sticky as MAC lipglass, but they still have some stickiness to them. Stila lip glaze comes in a huge variety of scents (the scent is based on the name), and they are also very sticky. Some other glosses are sticky and scented are Lancôme Juicy Tubes (they are super sticky, and glossy...the stickiness reminds me of glue lol). The worst smelling glosses are Estee Lauder (fig, I think?), YSL (mango-ish), and NYX (drug store brand...smells like cough syrup). Nars glosses smell like rotten plastic to me, which sucks because I love the consistency of them. There are a few brands that carry glosses that are unscented (or at least, no detectable scent), such as Giorgio Armani, Dior, Smashbox, and Clinique. Overall, if I could only use one lipgloss for the rest of my life it would be MAC Deelight cremesheen glass. It's smooth, but it has just a hint of stickiness to it (enough that it doesn't slide off the lips), it smells good, and the color is universally flattering. I hope this helps!*~*

Latest posts