Lipstick for a dipstick! A major question.

wearecloudy

So, I'm going to MAC next week and there's so many colors I want but I'm not sure what would look best on me (I'm also thinking about getting that trio that has Candy Yum Yum, Moxie, and Violetta just for Moxie)

Here's the colors I'm thinking about

Relentlessly Red
So Chaud or Lady Danger (not sure which I should go for)
Impassioned
Up The Amp (If I don't buy the trio with Violetta)
"O"
Chatterbox

Now, I haven't been keeping up with the times since I lost my job. And, I don't know what's d'cd or not.

Also. Judging from my picture on here. Can anyone recommend me any more lippies that would look good, or what NOT to buy from the list. (I don't wanna look like a clown! LMAO!)

Thanks

alyxo

I really like Angel or Cream Cup (they're pretty much the same shade), they look great on everyone. Candy Yum Yum is a must have, it's so much fun. Lady Danger is a orangy/blood red, also a lot of fun. Rebel is a beautiful deep red/purple shade for fall. Please Me is a nice warm toned pink. Hue is a good one too, it's a light sheer nude with pink tones in it. Blankety and Cherish are really beautiful warm toned, creamy nudes. You could probably go lighter then that, like Creme De Nude, judging by your photo.

It really depends on what colours you like and if you like warm or cool tones. I prefer warm tones but that's just because I'm naturally tan but your skin is fair so you could do cool toned lipsticks. Your best bet is to go to MAC and play with the lipsticks. Let us know what you end up getting :)

wearecloudy

I normally go for the warm tones too. But, I do have alot of cool toned ones that I am able to pull off. I'm very in between so I can actually wear both types of colors. I have an exact dupe of Rebel from a drugstore brand. And, like you said. It is great for fall. Some of those colors you listed I think I would like and go for. For sure.

Thanks. :)

alyxo

Aww you're so lucky... I can only wear certain cool toned colours. I really love Saint Germain but it does not suit me. If you want another fall lipstick, try Diva... I absolutely love it! Shy Girl is also a nice every day staple. Oh, Syrup! That looks great on a lot of people. Like you mentioned, Violetta is an awesome shade, so much fun . Up The Amp is a great purple too but it's not as bold as Violetta. I believe that you can only purchase Violetta at a PRO store though. Plink is really pretty and it has a beautiful sheen to it. I can't believe I didn't suggest Brave and Freckletone the first time. Brave is a really beautiful neutral shade with lots of warm pink undertones. Freckletone is just a light nude, very similar to Peachstock but Freckletone's formula is more sheer.

Hahaha, ok I think I've listed enough lipsticks. I could go on forever.

wearecloudy

Syrup is my HG Mac lipstick. It was the first one I bought back in 08. Adore it!

Love Saint Germain too. I hate that you cannot wear it. It's so pretty. Have you tried maybe dimming it down a bit with Spring Bean L/G? It looks really great that way and it warms it up. (I cannot believe they DC'ed that.)

Well. I'm thinking about getting that new palette with Violetta in it. Basically because that one has Moxie. And, I'm lemming for it bad.

I'll have to take a good look at Diva because I love dark reds! :D

shellygrrl

Staff member
I believe that you can only purchase Violetta at a PRO store though.
Violetta (along with all the other Pro shades and most of the rest of the Pro range) are available through MAC's US site as well. :) Anyhoo. I say go for the palette. All three shades would probably look good on you, IMO.

alyxo

Love Saint Germain too. I hate that you cannot wear it. It's so pretty. Have you tried maybe dimming it down a bit with Spring Bean L/G? It looks really great that way and it warms it up. (I cannot believe they DC'ed that.)
I usually wear a lip liner underneath, usually a warm nude so it doesn't look as weird as it does straight out of the tube. I've never tried Spring Bean, unfortunately.

Asuth

Pure Zen is a major staple for me. It's like 'My" color. you cant go wrong. I got Angel and i regret it, it doesnt look right on me

alyxo

Pure Zen is a major staple for me. It's like 'My" color. you cant go wrong. I got Angel and i regret it, it doesnt look right on me
I love Pure Zen, it's such a nice creamy nude. I wish I could wear it but it's too light on me. My friend Nik whose blonde and blue eyed, swears by Pure Zen and it looks effortlessly pretty on her.

wearecloudy

I got Dangerous which I'm wearing now. I also bought Relentlessly Red, Film Noir (I finally found a dark brown for fall! YAY!), Impassioned (which my fav MUA, Mercedes was wearing today and I loved it. So, I went for it), Chili, and Girl About Town.

Then Mercedes gave me a sample of Naked pigment to try and I finally know my MAC foundation shade because of her. I'm NW13. :D YES! I've been needing to know that for years.