Lipstick Newbie!

dramatEYES

Up until just recently, I had never been a "lipstick girl". I always thought it looked way too obvious on me and just a bit awkward. I told this to a girl at the MAC counter just a few weeks ago and she simply said "then you haven't found the right one!"

I thought that over for about a week and cracked and went to the MAC store to check some out. Long story short...I am now a "lipstick girl"
smiles.gif

Being kinda new with the product, I want to know a few "must haves". I prefer pink and maybeee some coral colors. Can you guys suggest any lipsticks for me? I prefer MAC, but if there is a lipstick from another brand that is your HG, feel free to throw that out there too!

I'm an NW15 with medium/light brown hair and green eyes, if that changes anything. Thanks!

InspiredBlue

My tip would be that you check out the lipsticks that come in with collections and when you find something you like, get it.
smiles.gif
(This is how I've acquired most of mine.) There are some pinks and a nice orange-ish color in the current In The Groove for example.

FiestyFemme

I think you should try out I Like It Like That and Jazzed from the In The Groove collection. For permanent colors, I love Lovelorn, Chatterbox, Shy Girl, Creme Cup, Speed Dial, and VGV.

liquidsirenhoney

i love VGV, but i tend to really stick to neutral colors so i don't look so obvious with my colors,blankety works for me, but i have very olive skin and my lips are very pigmented already

dramatEYES

Thanks everybody! I'm gonna go check out swatches for a few right now (or maybe in a few minutes...my computer's being weird). I actually ordered Jazzed but it hasn't arrived yet. I have high hopes for that one!
smiles.gif

Zephyra

Check out the NARS Velvet Matte pencils! I wish I'd discovered these sooner because I'd trade in a lot of my other lipstick formulas.

Shadow

I just recently got Captive and I absolutely love it! Great color without being too loud. (I'm NW20)

glitzbeary

I recently got Viva Glam V & VI for a more neutral look and really like them so far. Jazzed is also really pretty!

Lyssah

I'm NW/NC15 and I have/would recommend;
Chatterbox,
Crosswires,
Fanfare,
Speed Dial,
Girl About Town,
Bombshell,
Angel (or Creme Cup),
Shy Girl
And lastly Sandy B.

Latest posts