Liquid foundation?

Didididums

Hi guys
smiles.gif

Hope i'm posting this in the right place!

Oke, so I usually wear powder foundations, and currently use Mac studio fix powder plus, which I love, but I was thinking of trying out a MAC liquid. I usually hate using liquids and creams because I hate the feeling on my face (feels like i'm wearing a face mask! Yucky!) but seeing as I have only ever tried using cheaper brands before, I was thinking of trying a MAC liquid.

I thought that before buying one, I would ask you guys what the different liquid foundations feel like on your skin. I love wearing makeup but hate feeling like i'm wearing it!!

Hope you can help
smiles.gif
Thanks x

Junkie

Well to me, the MAC Studio Fix Fluid feels very "wet". I always need a setting powder over top to make it more matte, which can tend to feel cakey. However, if you sheer it out with some moisturizor or use a light powder overtop, it might feel less cakey.

I'm recommend MAC Face & Body - its a light-medium coverage foundation and dries really nice on the skin.

dietcokeg

i also would recommened MAC face and body foundation - it has a water based formula and is also transfer resistant!

DirtyHarriet

I would recommend spending a little more and getting a Chanel Lumiere or Nars Sheer Glow foundation. I find all MAC liquid foundations to be fairly heavy.

Simply Elegant

I agree, all MAC foundations seem heavy on my skin and I don't wear a lot of it.

MUFE and NARS make lightweight ones with good coverage.

mssally

I'd also recommend MAC Face & Body-- it really dries to a nice finish on the skin and looks natural.

I usually used the MAC Studio Fix Powder but just started using face & body and I love it. It stays on my skin throughout the day and it doesn't look like an oil slick by the end of the day...

RandomnessWithK

I actually just started using MAC face & body and love it! i love it set with MAC sheer pressed powder..
smiles.gif

i also tried MUFE face and body with same results.. so if you don't want to go to the MAC route, you can try MUFE face and body! i did try nars sheer glow matte.. and it just kind of dried me out a bit..

smiles.gif
good luck - hth!

I've never tried Face and Body, but right now I'm loving Studio Sculpt. From what I understand, F&B is light to medium coverage whereas Studio Sculpt is a little more on the medium to full coverage side. I don't even have to use concealer when I use it, but somehow it doesn't feel mask-like (at least to me). I only use about the size of a pea (seriously, my big mistake was using way too much at first) and a 187 brush to get solid coverage but a really light feeling on my skin.

elektra513

If you are going to try the Studio Fix Fluid, try taking a tissue layer (so take 1 ply layer off) and blotting the face lightly with it before setting with powder. That might help with the thick feeling or cakiness.

Good luck
smiles.gif

Didididums

Wow thanks all! Didn't expect so many replies this quick
smiles.gif
Lokks like most of you are edging me towards face and body, which I read about and was considering so it's just made me more likely to try it, I will consider trying a more expensive one too. I think I might go to the mac store and have them try a couple different ones on me and go from there!

Thankyou all so much for your help!
smiles.gif

Latest posts