looking for a particular gold

Shawna

It is hard to tell exactly what shade you are after, but Annabelle just came out with two new loose eyeshadows and the gold one is gorgeous. It is more of a dark gold. They are cheap. You should check them out
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

That might be close to MAC Pro pigment in Rosegold. Another good gold is Bare Escentuals' True Gold loose shadow. It is lighter than Rosegold, but is more of a true gold, than a yellow gold like MAC's Goldmine shadow.

charismaticlime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LadyLocks~
MAC's Woodwinked e/s looks similar.

I have Woodwinked, and it looks kinda bronze for an "antiqued gold". I'm looking for more of a tarnished gold.

Shawna

Old gold pigment has quite a bit of green duochrome in it. I think that rose gold or the annabelle gold would be closer
smiles.gif

~LadyLocks~

Ok so today I tried Goldmine with Woodwinked on top of it and I think it looks more of a tarnished gold like you mentioned above. Or you can also try Amberlights with Woodwinked on top or Goldmine with Amberlights on top. Just play with the colors to see which combos look best.

charismaticlime

I went out yesterday and decided to purchase Annabelle loose eyeshadow (Gold Digger, LE) like Shawna said. I was kinda skeptical cause the colour from the outside looked more like a bronzed rose colour than gold. But when I opened it, the colour looked just like what I was asking for - a tarnished gold
eyelove.gif
It's exactly what I was hoping Bagatelle would be (although I've never owned one, so I can't really compare) If I ever run out, I'll definitely be looking into MAC's Rose Gold as a replacement. Thanks for all your help!

Shawna

Yay! I am happy you found what you were looking for. I just had to have that Annabelle colour when I first saw it, and it seems to wear really well too.

Latest posts