• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

l'oreal: True match (foundation)

reeewind_x

Overall Rating: 2
Price: 5
Packaging Quality: 4
Would you buy this product again?: Probably not

General Comments on this product: The match was perfect for my skin, N1. But I found that it takes a tad longer to blend than some of my other liquid foundations. It wipes off really easily though, even with a translucent setting powder. ):

midget

Overall Rating: 4
Price: 4
Packaging Quality: 3
Would you buy this product again? no

I have oily acne prone skin. this went on smooth and matched well but my store didn't have the shade I needed so I mixed two. after an hour it makes my skin look really oily. really really oily all over. I looked a lil like plastic and it makes me look like I'm sweating. for me it's better if I use it during winter.

eccentric

Would you buy this product again? Yes.

I've been using this foundation for years and haven't tried many others, but I still love it. After I build it up a bit it gives great coverage for me, and W1 is a perfect match for my ultra pale skin. It does not make me break out, thankfully, because I have very sensitive skin. However, it is that reason that I am too afraid to switch foundations, otherwise I would because I find that this product wipes off my face really easily. I wish I could find a good foundation very similar to this one that will stay PUT, but I am not eager to try any others because I am not fond of breakouts whatsoever. So I will probably be buying this over and over again forever and ever. ;P Ehh, no biggie I guess, I always have powder. All in all a pretty darn good foundation. Oh, and I kind of wish the bottle wasn't glass, because I get the dropsies often.

xangela

Overall Rating: 3
Packaging Quality: 2
Would you buy this product again? Possibly. Only if I can't find something better by the time this bottle runs out.

General Comments: The bottle is glass, which can be obnoxious if you have butter fingers. Also, I feel that it is hard to control the amount of foundation that comes out at a time. I seem to get way more coming out then I need even if I'm super gentle about it.

Uncomfortable to wear in the summer. It tends becomes runny and makes my skin look oily, even hours afer applied.

There are a lot of annoying things about this product, however the colour matches my (deathly) pale skin better than any other full coverage foundation I have tried. That alone is enough to keep me using it, in the winter atleast.

babiid0llox

Overall Rating: 3.75 lol
Price [Value]: 4
Would you buy this product again? Yes

General Comments on this product: Pretty reasonable coverage but sometimes when I use it it makes me look cakey or ghost-like. I've bought this twice in two different shades and when I mix both the result is almost perfect

islandblossom

Overall Rating: 5
Price [Value]: 5

I'm NW40 in Mac but needed a foundation that would help me with coverage at a reasonable cost. For $8, I found exactly what I needed to solve my problem with True Match in shade in Classic Tan N7. A little bit of foundation seems to go a long way with this product. It wasn't difficult for me to blend the foundation but that's probably because the color did match my face vs. other reviewers that had issues with color matching. I was very surprised at how well it covered my blemishes and can't wait to try it out for a full day tomorrow. If I get super oily or break out in the next week, I'll be sure to update this review.

Overall, I think this product is great and well worth the $8 spent.

omg banana

Packaging Quality: 5

I like it, it looks really natural on me.I have very pale skin and it matches perfectly.

spoiledkiwi

I'm an NC40 in MAC and I wear this in W7. The shade is a tiny bit too orange for my skin, but so are all foundations I've tried to far. It's not really that noticeable though, so I'll continue to wear it. I wish it had some more moisture in it since it seems to dry out my face and turn into a super matte finish.

banjobama

I'm so glad I found this thread!! lol

I bought this in N1, Soft Ivory. I don't want something pink since my face is pink, and I don't want something yellow toned, because that would look gross on a pinkish toned face. So I got the neutral one and it is perfect. I dust my face with silica powder before applying and it blends super easily. I do have to touch up with powder halfway through the day but that's true with any foundation, for me.

I just wish it had a pump, or it was a squeezy-type bottle like the Avon I was using before.

aLove4MakeUp

I only started using this foundation in late september. I bought it in N4, Buff Beige, to cover up some scares from previous pimples i popped. While it does provide a great matte coverage it's definitely not something that has great long wear. I use it as my daily foundation because it feels light enough on my skin. But when I'm out for a night out at a bar or club it WILL NOT hold up. Its a little frustrating because i love the look of it, but other than that i have no complaints. If anyone has any suggestions to a great, affordable foundation that will stay on all night and is good for combination/oily skin please help me! I've tried Revlon Colorstay but I'm not a fan of it. Revlon's consistency is thick and doesn't blend as well on my skin. I find my self mixing the Colorstay with a tiny bit of my True Match to lighten the consistency of it..... Sorry to all if i've gone off subject

aggrolounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by HapaDynazty
Would you buy this product again? No

It blended pretty good when I first put it on - looked good when i first put it on but it wiped off really easlily and didn't have any staying power for me..

Exactly the problem I have. :[ Even with primer and a good setting powder my shiny red nose peeks through in only a few hours. Ticks me off, because this is the ONLY foundation that has come anywhere near matching me correctly without any alterations on my end.

Does anyone have better luck applying it with a brush? I usually use my fingers with liquid foundations, but I was wondering if maybe I could build up the coverage more efficiently with a brush.. then it wouldn't just slide off? A stretch, but it could make a difference, I guess

yepanotherone

Packaging Quality: 1 (needs a pump and very runny

i did a video (<<<click). it is luminous so if you have oily skin, you look oilier. also it is extremely thin and runny. it matched my color great and it is medium coverage for me.

jessaminememory

I got this in C1 which matched my very pale skin perfectly.
I love this so much, but I think I am allergic.
I have put it on twice and I began to see yellow spots. not only on my face, but where ever I look.=(

Kragey

Would you buy this product again? Yes!

For the amount you get and the quality of the product, I have to give this an almost perfect score! It IS a little thicker than more liquidy foundations, but that doesn't bother me, because a little still goes a long way. I just recommend using your fingers to blend it rather than a brush, or start with your fingers and end with a brush to finish the blending.

This is what I'd call a medium-coverage foundation: it definitely isn't sheer, but it's not as opaque or as thick as, say, MAC's studio finish concealer. If it's too think or too heavy for you, mix some with a little moisturizer for lighter coverage. I use moisturizer + True Match often for day-to-day wear.

Also, the shades have some flexibility. I got a sample of all of their level 2 shades, and while the cool shade is a bit too pink (in my opinion), I love their neutral shade, and I can get away with a little of the warm. (I'm cool-toned, BTW.) So that helps!

It's not the single greatest foundation ever--there has to be something better--but I haven't found a better replacement yet, and it works just fine for me.

I recommend setting it with a bit of powder for more staying power. As long as I set mine with powder, it stays all day.

This does not make me break out, but I have very well-behaved skin and I only wear all-over foundation once a week, tops.

hauteness

Price: 3

This is pretty much the only product I've ever found that is pale enough for me and matches my pink undertones. It applies and wears well. Definitely a repurchase for me!

shimmercoconut

I really like this foundation. I have it in the shade caramel (I'm NC 42) and this is the first foundation I used that actually matched me perfectly. I started using this in high school and used it in my first 2 yrs of college---and revisited as of late. It has a light liquid texture and applies without streakiness. It provides medium coverage and gives your skin a healthy glow. This foundation has no sparkles--the bottle does. I don't like the packaging...it just looks stupid. I wish L'oreal made it appear more elegant. Regardless I like this product and would recommend. It also does not break me out.

loriblu

Price: 3
Would you buy this product again? NO

this foundations covers ok, but it dont look natural at all!!
Choice of shades is good, packaging also, but I got shine on T zone 15 min after I put this foundie. Deff. will not repurchase again!

revoltofagirl

Would you buy this product again? NO

The color match was good for my pale skin and I thought the finish was okay (I set it with the matching powder) but it broke me out.

BeautyByRivera

There is no pump, and the colors aren't great. Plus, is fades blotchy unless you use an F80 sigma brush and a good foundation shouldn't blotch with any brush.