mac 2008 holiday eyeshadow palette recs?!

guerr

Hii everyone. I was thinking of getting one/two of the mac holiday eyeshadow palettes but I wasn't sure which one(s) to get? Thanksss =)

jdechant

I think it all depends on what skin tone you are, hair color, etc. and what colors you feel like you already have/don't have. The only holiday pallette that I have is the cool eyes pallette..it is pretty, mainly all purples..

Kiss and Makeup

JDECHANT is right. It depends on your skin tone/hair color/eye color/preference in makeup color. I have the warm eyes one and it's pretty on me, but I'm pretty pale and have brown eyes and hair. The smoky eye quad seems to be good for everyone, unless you like a lot of color on your eyes.

coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollydolly
smokey eye palette is good if you havent got many eye shadows and want some good basics

Agree! I have already put a sizeable dent in satin taupe - good thing I know I can get it again at any time!

If you want something with more colour then I'd suggest the cool eyes if you like purples better and the warm eyes if you like greens and browns better. The classic eyes doesn't seem to be getting too many raves around here...

guerr

oo ok. thanks ladies! i'm medium-dark and brown eyes & black hair...i have a lot of brown/neutral shades, and i feel a lot of the colors in the smokey eyes palette could be dupe-able? but i'll probably go back to my nearest mac-counter and swatch them. so for now it's between warm eyes & cool eyes..I'll probably end up getting the smokey eyes though, hehe. As for the classic eyes, I haven't really heard anyone raving about it?? oh well, we'll see what happens. =] thanks again!!
yahoo.gif

jdechant

ohhh...I think both of the warm eyes and the cool eyes would look good on you..lol..I don't know if thats what you want to hear though cause I'm not trying to make you buy both..lol.. I guess just go in the direction of what colors of the two pallette's that you feel like you don't have too many of... Good luck!
smiles.gif

Latest posts