MAC at Costco?!

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
^^ But xxprettyinblkxx says the pans are not indented correct? Which is why I was wondering what the deal is...but at the same time, I'm surprised the counterfeiters haven't started using flat pans, which they totally could have started doing.

I don't recall her saying that, only that she looked at them (the eyeshadows) side by side and they looked the same.
th_dunno.gif
I took that as her just looking at the outside and/or comparing the quality of the product. She never said she depotted them.

I dont know, I wouldn't trust them, but that's just me. Like MAC said themselves, the only way you can be completely sure you are getting authentic product is if it comes directly from them, or Estee Lauder (like the CCOs).

I mean.. is it really worth the risk to save a couple dollars?
th_confused_new.gif

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
I think someone in this thread already mentioned the fact that they emailed MAC and they said they do not supply to Costco.. just look back a couple pages I guess, its somewhere in here.

I already knew that because the website states that information, I was actually just trying to make a point that if someone is not sure of a product, they should contact the company to verify authenticity.

greyredroses

Quote:
I don't recall her saying that, only that she looked at them (the eyeshadows) side by side and they looked the same.
th_dunno.gif
I took that as her just looking at the outside and/or comparing the quality of the product. She never said she depotted them.

I dont know, I wouldn't trust them, but that's just me. Like MAC said themselves, the only way you can be completely sure you are getting authentic product is if it comes directly from them, or Estee Lauder (like the CCOs).

I mean.. is it really worth the risk to save a couple dollars?
th_confused_new.gif

I was just thinking the same thing. Making a mental list of all people I know who have a Costco membership and trying to see if I could go soon. I asked my Mom if she'd seen MAC sold at Costco and she said yes, and that she's seen it here in California at several different locations (City of Industry and Alhambra to name 2). I'm glad this thread exists because I'd totally be suckered into buying a crap load of product, never knowing about The Pan Test. I'm going over to check that counterfeit MAC thread!!!

angry.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
^^ But xxprettyinblkxx says the pans are not indented correct? Which is why I was wondering what the deal is...but at the same time, I'm surprised the counterfeiters haven't started using flat pans, which they totally could have started doing.
th_dunno.gif

Absolutely!!!

panda0410

Quote:
Again.. having a good batch number does not automatically = authentic! Unless you actually depotted in the store to verify.. but those fakes on ebay, they have batch #'s. Still fake though.
yes.gif

Agreed! Batch numbers now mean SFA since almost all counterfeiters are now using authentic batch numbers.

Ms. Z

I called MAC today to confirm the information (although I do not shop at Costco) and they said that Costco is not an authorized retailer. I asked if that meant the merchandise is counterfeit and they said yes.

xxprettyinblkxx

i did depot mine as soon as i bought them...i just went and rip them out of my palette to examine the pans, again, and theres nothing wrong with them at all...of course MAC would say that they're not selling to costco, MAC also pretends like they dont sell to CCO either...if these were fake MAC items coming from costco i'm pretty sure costco would have a lawsuit slapped in their faces by now and since costco is such a mighty company i doubt they would risk selling fake MAC products...

MissResha

^^see, that's what i'm thinking too.

but then again, Amazon is selling fake MAC stuff too. i dunno, just safer to buy it from either MAC itself or CCO

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxprettyinblkxx
i did depot mine as soon as i bought them...i just went and rip them out of my palette to examine the pans, again, and theres nothing wrong with them at all...of course MAC would say that they're not selling to costco, MAC also pretends like they dont sell to CCO either...if these were fake MAC items coming from costco i'm pretty sure costco would have a lawsuit slapped in their faces by now and since costco is such a mighty company i doubt they would risk selling fake MAC products...

They dont sell to CCOs.... these are all RTV items that are moved to company owned discount stores - the CCOs are STILL Estee Lauder owned stores the same as MAC - so they AREN'T being shipped to companies outside the parent umbrella as far as CCOs are concerned.

Costco is a wholesaler of a whole group of brands - I know many stores like this that often purchase bulk items from *middle* wholesalers.... its entirely possible they did as well.

Latest posts