MAC at Heathrow/Luton/Stanstead airports?

i_luv_mac

Hi everybody,

I've tried searching past threads but couldn't find the answer or the information was outdated.

Does anybody know if there is a MAC counter in Terminal 1 at Heathrow Airport?

How can I find out?

Thanks

girlstar

Re: MAC at Terminal 1 Heathrow Airport?

There's def. one in Terminal 3. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's currently only one MAC in Heathrow.

i_luv_mac

Hi,

Thanks for that link. I did find that page but it didnt look like an official website so I wasn't sure if it was correct. I know that there is a MAC store in Terminal 4 and that website doesn't list it.

I may just order from the Pro store as I don't wanna miss out on Nanogold from the N collection.

Thanks again.

Jot

i think there are two. There is one at the term that i flew out of one year and then the following year i was in a different term and thought there wasn't going to be one when there was! i'll try and look up the terminals for you. I know the guide only stated one shop

i_luv_mac

Okay I just called the number listed for Terminal 3 and the lady told me they have MAC counters at every terminal except Terminal 2.

She gave the number 020 8757 0281 for Terminal 1 Duty Free and I've just spoken to a MAC rep.

Eyeshadows are £8.50 and Paint Pots are £10.20. They have the N collection in stock.

Hope this is useful for others too.

Jot

there is definitely one in term 3 and it was term 4 i was in last year and they also had one. Terminal 1 is the one for internal flights if i'm correct and that is rubbish. Sorry. Hope this is some help though x

i_luv_mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jot
there is definitely one in term 3 and it was term 4 i was in last year and they also had one. Terminal 1 is the one for internal flights if i'm correct and that is rubbish. Sorry. Hope this is some help though x

Thanks for the warning!
tong.gif
I'll just try my luck. Hopefully they should still have the things I want. I just hope Nanogold doesnt get sold out at the airport and also here in the stores/website as is the case with the US website. I'll probably call and check again before my trip.

Thanks to everybody for their help.

igswonderworld

does it matter weather you are arriving or departing? I mean I'd imagine it would and probably it is in departures area but I am arriving on Thursday morning and what a beautiful thing it would be if I could get my N collection shopping done before I even get to downtown London???? Oh tell me it's possible?
smiles.gif
)))

girlstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_luv_mac
Okay I just called the number listed for Terminal 3 and the lady told me they have MAC counters at every terminal except Terminal 2.

I'm making a mental note to never book flights that use T2 ahha.

glam8babe

i remember about a year ago my friend went to heathrow and was going to cyprus.. she went to the mac store in heathrow and got a few barbie loves mac things [this was when they were all sold out on the site] and she mentioned that it wasnt very busy, the MA's were very helpful and chatty and there was tonnes of barbie mac stuff left in like 3 draws full

i_luv_mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
i remember about a year ago my friend went to heathrow and was going to cyprus.. she went to the mac store in heathrow and got a few barbie loves mac things [this was when they were all sold out on the site] and she mentioned that it wasnt very busy, the MA's were very helpful and chatty and there was tonnes of barbie mac stuff left in like 3 draws full

Thats interesting so once LE items run out at the counters/stores, the next place to look could be the airports. I doubt however they could mail things out to you from there though but if you're travelling or you know somebody who is then that could be an option.

i_luv_mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlstar

Haha yes
tong.gif

i_luv_mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by igswonderworld
does it matter weather you are arriving or departing? I mean I'd imagine it would and probably it is in departures area but I am arriving on Thursday morning and what a beautiful thing it would be if I could get my N collection shopping done before I even get to downtown London???? Oh tell me it's possible?
smiles.gif
)))

To be honest I've only seen a small World Duty Free shop in arrivals as you walk out. I think its the Departure lounges that have all the shops including MAC.

I hope I'm wrong for your sake!
thmbup.gif

Luceuk

I wonder what the cheapest flight is out of Heathrow, just for the Duty Free MAC. I'd be so tempted to do that if I lived near Heathrow.

ritchieramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlstar

The last time I was at Heathrow, that was the only terminal I had to use. I was really fed up!
angry.gif

i_luv_mac

I'm back from my holiday which was great however I had a terrible flu and eye infection for days afterwards.

Anyway thought I'd report back by saying that I did get my Paint Pots and Fix from MAC Duty Free. The assistant was really nice. She also told me that Terminal 4 MAC will be closing at the end of April because T4 is having a refit so if anybody is planning on buying stuff duty free from T4 make sure its before the end of April.

I really like the terminal 1 MAC its a bit small but its nice :)
I got my 182 there :)

I really like the terminal 5 MAC its really good not that many brushes tho :/

anita22

Can anyone tell me what kind of price difference to expect buying MAC duty free in the UK, compared to buying at a store/counter? Just running low on a few items and wonderig if it's worth hanging out until I'm there in April.
TIA!

Cyanide.Candy

Hey guys,

I may be in either Gatwick/Stansted/Luton next week and I'm just wondering if anyone knows if either of the above 3 mentioned airports have any MAC counters?

I'm dying to stock up!!
mac_addict.gif

Latest posts