MAC Certification...........

MAC*GIRL08

Well it's that time, time to get certified!
yahoo.gif

I attended basic, loved it, have been on the floor a while (since late July)
have really impressed my manager with my sales and AUS, always meeting or exceeding my goals. So why am I so damn nervous about my certification?

I'm studying my butt off! but i'm so scared why is this? I'm fine with my clients, I sell the products! I know my FABCE! so why oh why am I dreading this day??? anyone else have a similar experience????

No hold on, not dread, just excited and scared! It's always like this when your under the gun isnt it? Becoming certified means everything! not only to you earn that cute necklace but I can finally indicate "certified" on my business cards!
Has anyone made it through certification their FIRST TIME?????

Thanks !

erine1881

i made it the first time. most people do. the main thing you have to worry about is your time. if anyone doesn't make it its usually because they went over on time. no need to study. its what you do all day everyday. i was so worried about not FABCE-ing, i didn't think i did once! but then my trainer said i was doing it without even knowing it! just make sure you throw in the VG program, B2M, and mac addict. one way to get VG in there is to use it on your model, so its a perfect lead into talking about the program. or, talk about the recycling program, and mention that the lipstick exclusions are the VG cause 100% of the selling price...two things mentioned at once!

i was so nervous, just like i was when i interviewed. having someone look over my shoulder is nerveracking, but just think: you made it past the interview, you can make it past this too.
winkiss.gif

Ruby_Woo

I passed it my first time as well, but I was SUPER nervous!! like Erin said watch your time. Thats the biggest challenge I think because you want to explain everything, fabce make sure the customer understands what you are doing, that you might go over your time. I only got 45 minutes on mine with a face chart included.

Good luck!!

(boo! I havent gotten the necklace..)

MAC*GIRL08

WELL..... I AM NOW CERTIFIED! I am sooo happy! woo hoo! I was so nervous but studied my butt off and knew everything! A big goal has been achieved in my life!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajilee
What do FABCE and B2M stand for? Just curious.
winkiss.gif

feature
advantage
benefit
custom suggestion (pairing)
e-layer (emotional layer)

b2m-back to mac (mac's recycling program)

Ajilee

Thanks Erine!

I'm currently managing a Clinique counter but I'd love to work for MAC. I'm trying to find out all I can about the company before applying.
winks.gif

paparazziboy

hey love if u have certified MAC artist on your personal business card take it off. that is a no no u can be fired and get in major trouble for that. out side of MAC you are not a MAC artist your your own out trainer told us a story of the some one who did something similar. she was terminated only senior artist can represent the company in any way shape or form so be careful

VictoriaSecret4

Is that towards me hun?

hey love if u have certified MAC artist on your personal business card take it off. that is a no no u can be fired and get in major trouble for that. out side of MAC you are not a MAC artist your your own out trainer told us a story of the some one who did something similar. she was terminated only senior artist can represent the company in any way shape or form so be careful

paparazziboy

just a general PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT someone on this thread said they can add certified MAC artist to their business cards which u cant do at all. out side of MAC u dont work for MAC your not even a MAC artist. no reference can even deal with MAC only senior artist are able to speak on behalf of the company. trust me you will be fired if someone finds out and it come back on you

Chrystia

I am going to back paparazziboy on this one because I know artists who have had issues with this. You cannot advertise yourself as a MAC make up artist or as a certified mac make up artist. You can state that you work for MAC COsmetics as an artist, but you must also make clear that any work you do outside of your counter does not reflect the views/vision of MAC or represent MAC. The same goes for any comments you make on this forum. That disclaimer must be made if you are expressing any opinions about the cosmetic industry as indicated in the contract you signed when you were hired.

Also for those going through certification. Do not worry/overstress yourself about passing or not. If you do, that's great. If not, no big deal. You will get another chance. I know trainers who have not passed their certifications the first time.

makememac

hey there!could someone explain to me how to proceed with getting a job as a makeup artist at a mac counter.i read a lot online,but I'm still not sure what exactly the manager is expecting from you when applying and also...i read somewhere that I need to show A video?what is that about?:) so confused....

paparazziboy

no one can tell you how to get the job you have to get it yourself you did the research its up to you to impress and get hired there is nothing we can do. you dont have to do a video that is for senior artist or getting media certified. once your with the company.

StyleBlack

hey there!could someone explain to me how to proceed with getting a job as a makeup artist at a mac counter.i read a lot online,but I'm still not sure what exactly the manager is expecting from you when applying and also...i read somewhere that I need to show A video?what is that about?:) so confused....
There are lots of tips in this forum. Just read through to get an idea of what others' experienced.

LadyGina

I go for my P.H.D. certification this week. Needless to say, I've been practicing like nobody's business.

LadyGina

Quick question, if we don't pass the certification, (PHD), how soon will you be able to take it over again?

Chrystia

Quick question, if we don't pass the certification, (PHD), how soon will you be able to take it over again?

It will depend on when your trainers are able to come back. I can't speak personally since I gratefully passed both my first time. But I do know it is in the trainer's best interest to have the artists in their region certified, so I would venture they would probably try again within a month or so of the first try. That being said, my biggest advice is to relax and keep the makeup simple for your certification. Most of the artists who struggled with certification in my area over think it or try to get too fancy with the make up.

Latest posts