MAC changed pigment sizes overnight, last night!

summerblue

Yesterday, I checked MAC online & the pigments were still showing 7.5 grams which I was hoping would hold for their 25%-off Sale this month. Today I went back & the pigments are now 4.5 grams for the same $19.50. I called MAC & she said that the 7.5 gram size was dc'd. overnight (& it also looks like some colors were dc'd. as well as there was more colors listed yesterday), & there was no way of ordering that size. I suppose they all will eventually show up at the CCOs. I think it's highly unfair that the price remains the same & you get 40% (off-hand math) less. Whether you get 40% less product or the price was increased 40% on the 7.5 grams size, it really STINKS! A 40% markup is obscene for a e/s pigment!

LMD84

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f165/p...g-same-155880/

here is a link to a thred where we've all be moaning about the change. it does indeed suck
ssad.gif

summerblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f165/p...g-same-155880/

here is a link to a thred where we've all be moaning about the change. it does indeed suck
ssad.gif

Hey LMD! I found the link before I posted, but I didn't see that anyone knew yet about the actually overnight change, so I decided to start a new thread to make it stand out. I hope this is OK. I was just hoping that it wouldn't take effect until after the sale & I got a chance to order the 4 piggies I was interested in having backups for.
ssad.gif
Well, it looks like I won't be re-ordering until I finish up every morsel of a piggie color. With real good luck, I will run across them at MY CCO store.

Boasorte

summerblue: U better hit up the freestanding store while u can. I was there yesterday and the makeup artist told me they're changing it this week, I'll pop in after work today and see what's up.

fallenang3l211

if you live near any counters or stores you should call and ask if they still have them. i called my pro store last night and they said they had the new jars in stock but not on the shelves yet. i asked her if i'd be able to come in today to pick up pigments in 7.5g jars and she said i could bc they aren't pulled from the shelves yet.

Juxtapose

Oh man, I didn't realize I'd have to act this quick. I too, was hoping they would hold online for a little while. Dang, this is a bummer. I'm gonna have to call my counter and see if they still have the old ones.

Junkie

That's nuts...I'll have to head to my PRO store to see what they have left.

I wouldn't be surprised if the prices went up on here, MUA, and eBay as well - even for samples.

summerblue

I just called my freestanding store & they told me that they've already pulled the 7.5 grams to go back to be returned & already have the 4.5 grams on the shelf. DANG!

summerblue

OK, just called my 2nd freestanding store (& the only other one I have access to) & they are no longer for sale their either. Well, that's the way the cookie crumbles.
ssad.gif

Junkie

I called my MAC Pro and they're packing them up today but offered to sell them to me if I can come in this afternoon. Tomorrow, they'll be shipped back and the new sizes put on display.

I have to work tonight too :S Gah...to go or not to go.....I'd buy one of each if I had a Pro card!

Makeup Emporium

I'm thinking the next warehouse sale in Canada and the ongoing ones in NY will start to have WAY more pigments as they sell off their stock of the larger ones. Gotta get all the ones I'm missing!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerblue
Hey LMD! I found the link before I posted, but I didn't see that anyone knew yet about the actually overnight change, so I decided to start a new thread to make it stand out. I hope this is OK. I was just hoping that it wouldn't take effect until after the sale & I got a chance to order the 4 piggies I was interested in having backups for.
ssad.gif
Well, it looks like I won't be re-ordering until I finish up every morsel of a piggie color. With real good luck, I will run across them at MY CCO store.

good thinking. it all changed on the uk site also on monday this week.
ssad.gif
makes me sad and angery!

aussiemacluvrrr

Surprisingly enough, the MAC Australia website hasn't changed over yet and I put in an order with MAC Pro on Tuesday and they are sending me 7.5gm jars of a few of the pigments I wanted.. Thank god! However, heaps of the pigments are listed on the website as "Out of Stock" so I'm sure that it will happen here soon as well.

Australia is always a bit slow on the uptake :p

User37

i called a mac counter today and she said that they will still have the old jars (until next week) but some famous colours are already sold out
ssad.gif

update:

i talked to the mac girl on a saturday very late in the afternoon. when i arrived monday morning all pigments were sold out except for one jar of blue brown, two of violet and 2-3 of olive
ssad.gif

bought the blue brown.

Latest posts