MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Collaboration image from WWD

Janice

Specktra Bestie

We’ll have our thoughts and pictures of the Hello Kitty collection up soon, in the meantime I wanted to share this image and information that WWD.com published this morning.

Quote:
The Hello Kitty offerings fall into two collections: the Hello Kitty Colour Collection and the more high-end Hello Kitty Kouture. The bulk of the items are in the former category: six shades of lipstick with names like Fashion Mews and Strayin’, each $14; six Lipglass shades, each $14; and two tinted lip conditioners, $14.50 each; two eye shadow palettes, which each contain four shades and retail for $38; two shades of pigment are $19.50 each, and two Reflects Glitter stockkeeping units — one blue, one pink — are $17.50 each. Four Glitter Eye Liners, each $16.50, two shades of Beauty Powder, each $22; three shades of nail polish, each $11; a black mascara, $12, and false lashes, $12, round out the color offerings. Shades range from pinks and turquoises to lavenders and greens.

Hello Kitty Kouture is intended to be the high end of the collection. Two shades of Dazzleglass, each $28, each feature a reusable silver chain pendant with Hello Kitty outlined in white Swarovski crystals on black with a pink crystal bow. Sheer Mystery Powder, $90 and available in three shades, is packaged in a silver powder compact with Hello Kitty outlined in white Swarovski crystals with a pink crystal bow on a black background.

source

http://specktra.net/f250/mac-hello-k...ussion-116257/

Specktra Beauty News » Blog Archive » MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Collaboration image from WWD

rt66chix

I was hoping for a slightly more traditional hello kitty look, but it seems like the couture compact will be more traditional with the white hello kitty head and pink bow.
Thanks ladies for working hard to bring us this hot info

ShugAvery2001

whats the big deal about "Mystery Powder"

I think I'll be good .. I'll get some lippies and some eye palettes

cute .. but .. they are marketing some bullshit really .. IMO

ashpardesi

wow! looks amazing ..90$?? for mystery powder? I am eye balling on the brushes and the eye palettes..thanks for the info!

hhunt2

The black Hello Kitty doll looks like leather...

Interesting.

The bag & makeup box dont look very "kouture" for HK (it looks like a typical design you would see at Sanrio).
But the Swarovski crystals sounds couture to me, but reminds me of HK diamond jewelry.

I dunno about the line... I'll wait till pics of the whole line release. HK has been a love for me since my baby days, but the black design does not impress me.

abcgirl18

this sucks so much i know i want to get some thing from this collection but im broke and i have been buying so much makeup i can never use all of it.

blindpassion

Eeee!!! I actually love the look of this! Im not much for the traditional hello kitty look, so this floats my boat just perfectly.

NicksWifey

Thanks Janice for the info, it's greatly appreciated

$90 for powder? NO THANKS, enough said about that.

Everything does look really cute though.

katie_070405

Ok, so I'm pretty sure none of this is the Kitty Kouture collection....Where are the pictures of that??? Also, I know we got a pro discount on Barbie & Fafi...will we get a discount on this as well? I want all of it as I am also in love with the black Hello Kitty!

IbisCaraib

I was so excited until I saw these pictures. I'm a little disappointed. I'll wait to see swatches. The only thing that sounds cute or worth while is way too expensive to make any sense.

ab5inth7

i dont really like hello kitty, but i am still sure that some of the products will make it to my collection