MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Collaboration image from WWD

alexandrarc

I listed all in our language HTH

The Hello Kitty offerings fall into two collections:

The Hello Kitty Colour Collection:
· Lipsticks x6 $14 (want them all? $84)
· Lipglass x6 $14
· Tinted lip conditioners x2 $14.50
· Eye shadow quads x2 $38 (Both would be $76 not bad)
· Pigments x2 $19.50
· Reflects Glitter x2 $17.50
· Glitter Eye Liners x4 $16.50 (want all four? $66)
· Beauty Powder (2 shades) $22
· Nail polish x3 $11 ($33 if you're a polish addict)
· Mascara $12
· False lashes $12

Hello Kitty Kouture:
· Dazzleglass x2 $28 (w/silver chain pendant with HK in white Swarovski)
· Sheer Mystery Powder (3 Shades) $90 w/Swarovski crystals
· Petite (small) Makeup Bag $22
· Medium Makeup Bag $35
· Plush doll $42
· Mirror $22
· Three-brush collection $49
· Mirrored key clip $16
· Beaded bracelet $34
· Tote $45
· Soft vanity kit $55

P.S.: Does anybody know what the cup-like item on the right is? next to the brushes, I hope it's a brush holder that comes with the brush kit *dreams*

Odelle

I'm so glad this is a disappointment, I get to save money. I agree with the Claire's/ Hot Topic comments. I may get a blush, that's it.

lunargen

For sure, I am getting SOMETHING.
Glad they actually did her in black; gives her a mature edge imo. Having grown up knowing most of the Sanrio pack, I've always gravitated to Badtz-maru or Kerokeropi, but Black HK is just so bad-ass, I can't help but get some stuffs hehehe.

Risser

I would buy something like the beauty powders, BUT I don't like black Hello Kitty anymore. Give me back the CUTE PINK Hello Kitty!!

prncezz

i absolutely love the color scheme of this collection! ahh.. i'd love to have everything but i think i'm going to settle for a lipstick, lipglass, and a powder compact (or the mirror).

Janice

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrarc
P.S.: Does anybody know what the cup-like item on the right is? next to the brushes, I hope it's a brush holder that comes with the brush kit *dreams*

Indeed it is, it's the cutest thing.

For anyone thinking I am teasing about not being able to share my HK information with you, you have my apologies. I had to agree not to share any of my personal coverage until after the new year. I promise to it up as soon as I can, but until then I am happy to share what I know in the capacities I can. (like the above clarification)

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwater_soul
I for one am glad MAC didn't do traditional Hello Kitty, then what would be the fun in owning that? I love the look of it, looks stylish and sleek, NOT like Claire's makeup, lol. Claire's uses cheap holographic crap and clear plastic, this looks refined yet edgy and different than what you get for girls. Hello Kitty will be like Barbie, because it's the little girl idea refined for big girls.
What's the fun in buying traditional Hello Kitty for more money? Just go to Sanrio if you want traditional, MAC is all about redefining the traditional.

Well said.

k.a.t

I have to say that after all the stress and excitement i went through dreaming about this collection, i'm quite disappointed..
imo there's not as much stuff as i thought there would be and the packaging is a bit 'meh'..especially that bag..wth is that? the compacts look nice though; i'll probably just get a blusher fromt this collection...may be tempted into buying more once i see it in person/see swatches.
I was expecting more pink and cuteness =( (pink brushes! *dreams*)

Princesa Livia

OMG... although this isn't the traditional hello kitty look, I'm still drooling over it! the packaging just screaaams MODERN! even though many think its not that good, i think its amazing! and a really ingenious idea to have this as one of the many looks hello kitty has

vkk013

Well, I don't know if I'm one of the sanrio-crazy, but this doesn't look like Hello Kitty for me. They remind me more of Kuromi, the evil twin of My Melody. You can see her at Sanrio | Kuromi
(I'd love to post photo, but I don't know how so...)

I think I may get 2 pigments, 2 reflect glitters, and 2 beauty powders. But I have to see if the shades are what I really like, otherwise, I think I should be safe... so far so good....

MzzRach

I'm withholding final judgement until I see it all. Apparently, the photo published does not represent the entire collection.

As ever, I will look to Janice and the mods for the scoop once they are able to share everything.

Tigresse

Black Kitty? They should have taken the skulls and bones-version: Good bye Kitty!
90 $ for a MAC-Powder?I hope it's not true.

pinkular

Kinda cute-but why the scary black packaging and not a pretty kittesque pink? Anyways I have way too much MAC collecting dust in my traincase so luckily for my wallet Im gonna pass on this one.

alexandrarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Indeed it is, it's the cutest thing.

Ohhhhhh Thank you and it comes with the brush set? that is purrrrfect!

GoldenFairy

Disappointed with the packaging but relieved I will be saving money (especially because the economic situation here is getting worse). I think I might just get the bracelet. I think MAC is very good at marketing though, this collection created a lot of hype, but I think most of us wanted cute packaging and a girly look to it. They should have gone for pink or white packaging IMO!

stronqerx

i expected so much from this collection...man i am a huge HK fan....i was thinking the packaging was gonna look something like moonbathe+heatherette ...but i guess not. Definitly buyin based on swatches now

makeup_queen81

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronqerx
i expected so much from this collection...man i am a huge HK fan....i was thinking the packaging was gonna look something like moonbathe+heatherette ...but i guess not. Definitly buyin based on swatches now

that is exactly what i thought...i was picturing a white compact with HK outlined in black..the traditional look or pink packaging with a traditional HK...as much as i wanted that, i'm really loving the black HK..it's way different than what i was thinking. My husband is going to freak when i tell him how much i'm spending on this collection. I seriously want EVERYTHING...so the swatches better be good or thats really going to blow.

I haven't read yet...but does anyone know if this collection has repromets or items from the permenant collections? I REALLY HOPE IT DOESN'T