MAC Customer Service question

csuthetaphi

About 2 weeks ago, I had a pretty bad customer service experience at a local MAC counter. Normally, I never get too upset about getting bad service anywhere, but because I spend so much money on MAC, and I frequent this counter, I decided to write to their customer service site. I sent a very professional, respectful, and detailed email the night of the incident, which was a little over 2 weeks ago. I received an automated response back saying they got my email, but I have not heard anything else otherwise. So my question is...does MAC make it a habit to ignore customer service issues, or do they just take a while to get back to you? I was thinking maybe I should have just talked to the store manager instead (it was at the Dillard's MAC counter).

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions!!

giz2000

If you complain to the store manager, it will get to MAC...and to the counter manager, MAs and the MAC regional manager as well...

stuntpilot

It sometimes take them a while.. and sometimes they'll send a LETTER to your house, which will take like 3 weeks.

csuthetaphi

Thanks a lot for the help, I am nervous 'cause its been 3 weeks already and nothing. I will hopefully hear from them soon and let you know how it turns out!

csuthetaphi

I must have spoke too soon!!!

I got a letter in the mail from MAC today with a very nice response and they sent me three things: a lipglass, a lip conditioner, and an eyeliner (none of which I already had).

smiles.gif
Kudos to MAC!!! They still have my loyalty!!!!

Masucci

Any problem I've ever had with MAC, from Customer service to MAC products I wasn't happy with - they've always been more than helpful! Sometimes it takes a bit - they stay swamped, I'm sure - but I have no complaints. :thumbsup

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuthetaphi
I must have spoke too soon!!!

I got a letter in the mail from MAC today with a very nice response and they sent me three things: a lipglass, a lip conditioner, and an eyeliner (none of which I already had).

smiles.gif
Kudos to MAC!!! They still have my loyalty!!!!

that's sooo cool!!

I love it when company's sent freebees to make up for something! I only got a bakingpack from a company because the chocolate coating exploded in my microwave....getting makeup is much cooler!!

pinkfeet

Yep I complained too about my local counter, the free stuff is great however, I really wish they would actually DO something about the staff - its still going on - the rudness, bad c/s etc.

AriannaErin

It does take a while to respond. I had horrid service at a counter once, just from one girl with a lot of attitude, and because i usually have amazing service I wrote an email just saying how out of the norm it was and how I usually love the company, but that one particular girl made me want to never go to that counter again.

They sent me back a letter (I'm in Canada) and it was quite a few weeks later. But before that I got a regulatory type email apologizing and asking for my address to send a complimentary gift. (it was a lipglass. that I didn't have).

So it takes a while, but I find that the letter and small gift was much appreciated
smiles.gif

(on the side note, I once asked a question about a dry shadestick I recieved and if I had to be returned to the same store I bought it, etc) and a few weeks later I had a new one in the mail. (I think that was from a store that had my in the system so they could verify that I did buy that particular shade stick
winks.gif

So, give them a few weeks (was the point of my massive message!). I'm assuming they get a lot of messages to go through
smiles.gif

Latest posts