MAC dupe for UD Maui Wowie w/o glitter?

wetwater

Anyone know of a MAC dupe (or other brand) for Urban Decay's Maui Wowie? I love the color, but the glitter is a bit messy to work with.

Cydonian

I don't know that Mac has anything quite so metallic in their perm line, so I will be honest and say that I can't find a dupe. I've been looking for quite a few minutes.

I -can- tell you that Melon pigment is sorta close to Chopper... if that helps? lol

lekzie

UD really needs to calm down the glitter a bit! I just did a run-through of my shadows to try and find a dupe for you, but I haven't found one yet. I'll keep you in mind when I head to Sephora and MAC later and try and find ya one.

I thought Tan pigment was sort of similar to Chopper as well, but the Tan is much more of a metallic sort of shimmer than Chopper?? haha - maybe my eyes need a bit of a color comparison break before I head out to the mall!

kiss

I think Melon is more close to Muchness or X. I don't think MAC has a dupe for Maui Wowie. I really love that color but also wish it came without glitter!

Cydonian

Since we can't really find a dupe... I do have a suggestion. I have MW in the Ammo palette and I usually will do my face makeup after my eyes when I know I want to use this color, and just use a bit of scotch tape to pick up the glitter fallout. If you gently pat the shadow on, it doesn't fall out as badly.

Also, one other thing I do... it takes a bit of practice, but I will hold a finger underneath my eye while I press the shadow on and it will catch the glitter that falls down, then I just keep a makeup wipe nearby and wipe my finger in between swipes. It seems to work for me... maybe that helps?

kiss

I found an anti glitter dupe for it! Although not by mac, but it's "fantasy island" duo by Too Faced. I swatched the colors side by side and they were close enough.