MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

@aeni I too wrote a check for my fee of $35. I havent received anything saying I was approved but I see a debit pending on my account from MAC for .01 cent..... is this what happened to you?

lisaxxxx

@aeni no they just sent everything back to me but who no details. Iv since emailed them and they have told me I was rejected, because they don't except business cards (even though it's on the application as they do except them) so I'm a bit fed up and don't know wether to apply again, bit by the looks of things they just took the wrong amount out of your account, I'm sure they'll fix it.hope this helps :(

@aeni no they just sent everything back to me but who no details. Iv since emailed them and they have told me I was rejected, because they don't except business cards (even though it's on the application as they do except them) so I'm a bit fed up and don't know wether to apply again, bit by the looks of things they just took the wrong amount out of your account, I'm sure they'll fix it.hope this helps
ssad.gif
@lisaxxxx thats stupid! I know for a fact they accept business cards as a proof. Did you make sure you had your name and title "Makeup Artist" on the card? I know thats a determining factor. Maybe you should try again, and if happens the same way...maybe its not meant to be? which is stupid and sucks ...but man , you can only do so much. im not sure how keen you are with the brand...but you can easily get an UD procard, I guess just keep it in mind.
As for my .01 !!! lol I dont know what happened bc it disappeared this morning!!! lol Im waiting to hear back from the pro membership people (emailed them yesterday) so I will find out sooner or later I guess!

shoe-la-la

I faxed in my esthetician card, ID, and my business card that says specifically makeup artist and they said I could only get a 30% discount. To get the full 40% discount I would need another document! I'm just not sure what to send.....

I faxed in my esthetician card, ID, and my business card that says specifically makeup artist and they said I could only get a 30% discount. To get the full 40% discount I would need another document! I'm just not sure what to send.....
@shoe-la-la Hey girly! I would suggest getting a letter of reference from someone that employed you as a makeup artist (make sure its on letterhead) :)

TheLadyDanger

I submitted my application to MAC on January 27 and was charged of the membership fee of $35 on February 5. I was able to use my discount in the Pro store after they looked my name up on the system. The card finally arrived in the mail on February 28.

Shylamoma

I applied a while ago and never heard back from them. However they never cashed the check so I am thinking that they may have never gotten my application…

Luscious V

I sent out my app and cred on march 4th and my bank account got charged on march 31,2014 I'm so excited now I just have to wait 10 days or so before I can shop in store without card and card should be coming about 2-3 weeks who knows

SGrabo2640

Hi everyone, I just have a few questions... I've tried calling the numbers listed on the pro website but the first says to call back during normal business hours (I am) and the second either gives me a busy signal or rings and then hangs up. I've sent in my application today and am eager to hear back. I've looked thru this thread and it seems like acceptance can be so hit or miss. Currently I'm working at a salon doing makeup applications. I don't have a cosmetology license but that's not required. It's only unfortunate in the sense that I do not have that form of ID to send in. I've seen in a letter from a photographer saying I did makeup on a photoshoot w him. I've heard MAC no longer accepts credentials like that, is that true? I've also sent in a copy of one of our salon business cards. It has my name and then "makeup artist" underneath that. I also sent in a letter from my manager stating I do makeup applications through the salon. And I also included a small comment from one of our guests on a review based website. I thought that would be enough but then I'm reading that some people have been told business cards don't count (even though on the website it says they do) and that letters of reference aren't considered either. I'm not sure what else I could send in though. I do makeup for the salon on a regular basis and bring a lot of my own tools and products so it really would help to be pro. Anyone have any thoughts on what my chances would be? Also, I noticed it says on the application that retail positions don't count. Does that mean like makeup counter or makeup store positions? Or any position which also sells retails products? We do sell products which is another reason why I'm concerned. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

breeanadestiny

I had a question.
i ordered a MAC PRO CARD and its been about 3 months already maybe even more,
i sent a money order, but i still have not received anything. if i wasnt approved im sure they'd send the
money order back. Is their anyone i can contact to see if my card is on its way or if i was denied.
HELP PLEASE!

P.S and yes i did send all requirments. I sent my certification (mua) and my buisness card with the fee for 2 years.

SGrabo2640

U would only be able to call and ask them to look into it the numbers on the website. Mine took about 2.5 weeks to be debited but I used a credit card so I knew right away that I had been approved. It took at least 3-4 weeks to get the welcome email and a little over a month to get my card in the mail. There's nothing u can do except to call. But I'm pretty sure it says they r not responsible for lost money orders etc

Ayanna

So glad I found this thread. MAC debited the fee out of my account this Monday, so at least I know my application was approved. 3-4 weeks is such a long time to wait for a welcome email or card. You'd think that they could just send the email w/ your Pro# on the same day your account is debited. How simple is that? I mean, al least email us a temporary card or something. Sheesh c'mon MAC!

Makeupbybasma

hello,,

i hope i could fine any one to advice me in my situation

i am from Middle East but i go to US more frequently and i have an Address there that i received my mails through
i applied 3 weeks before and i was waiting for the deduction in my CC but nothing.

so i called Mac toddy and i lady saw my international Number and replied me without taking any info from me:

we are no longer accept International applicants!!

is there any way i can get accepted? im really sad and crushed :(

plo79

I send away my Pro info and credentials on June 30th. My account was debited on July 19th and after calling the Pro number they said my account was approved on July 21st. I still have yet to receive an email or my actual card in the mail. I called today as I was planning a trip to the Pro Store in Toronto and was told that they could not give out my PPID # over the phone and I would just has to wait. :(. This is torture! I just want to build my kit!

Makeupbybasma

i submitted my pr documents on 8th of July, till now no further action!!

sick of waiting :(

i wish at least if i see my acc debited in that case ill c where i stand for

i sent away:
- my ID
- my business card
- reference letter with salon CR
- Bridal contract
- Comp card

any one waited that long for the approval?

Hey ladies!
I've seen many girls on instagram get approved for a MAC pro card recently using a comp card & business card.
However, I was told by a fellow makeup artist that business cards are no longer being accepted.
Does anyone know if that is true? I'd really love to get my pro card since I spend so much already at mac for my kit.
Help please! :/

Latest posts