MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

Lottascarlatta

I sent my information to MACPro about four weeks ago and decided to call for an update. They gave me my Pro # and said I could use it in stores. Would I just show my ID at a MAC store? The rep on the phone was unclear.

ccooper33

Hello ladies! I was wondering if you guys could let me know what you think about my situation and if you think I could be accepted-- I am a high school teacher but I also am the Costumes/Makeup/Hair Director for the Theater Department here where I run workshops and teach students about makeup and do all of the makeup and hair and costuming for our productions. We are also always looking to restock our department supplies. If I included a letter of rec. from my director as well as a play bill with my name on it, would that work? I do makeup freelance on the side, but it's nothing too crazy.

Thank you all so much for the input!

Kaipie20

Just got my email today saying I'm approved I almost forgot I applied until the payment cleared it had been about a month but glad to start using it :eyelove:

Leish098

So they still accept business cards ? I heard they don't anymore .. And which address did you send it to ? .. Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to gather my information so I can apply this month. @kaipie20 ... I'm. Just scared I might get rejected because I don't have a license

Leish098

So they still accept business cards ? I heard they don't anymore .. And which address did you send it to ? .. Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to gather my information so I can apply this month. @kaipie20 ... I'm. Just scared I might get rejected because I don't have a license ReplyQuote Multi

Kaipie20

So they still accept business cards ? I heard they don't anymore .. And which address did you send it to ? .. Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to gather my information so I can apply this month. @kaipie20 ... I'm. Just scared I might get rejected because I don't have a license
Yes they still accept them at least they accepted mine I don't know the address right off hand but it was Buffalo NY it took about 3-4 weeks for them to debit the money so it's a long process but worth it and no prob on the questions if u go to the MAC website it tells u the exact address though

Midnight123

Hi Everyone!

So I sent in my documents on 8/12/2014 from Maryland to the New York address. Here is what I sent:

-Driver's License
-Application: http://www.maccosmetics.com/docs/applications/d_201207_PRO_OnlineApplication_US.pdf
I am not sure if this made a difference or not but I sent the old application opposed to the new one because the old one stated that they accept business cards.
-Business card with my name and title (Make-Up Artist)
-Comp card with 3 pictures, title, name, and quote.

**I made my business cards and comp cards (oversized post-card) on Vista Print**

On 9/8/2014 I called the Mac Pro customer service number to see what was going on. I was approved for Bobbi Brown Pro two days after I sent my stuff in and have not heard anything back from Mac. Anyway, they said that I was not in the system at all.

The next day, 9/9/2014, I checked my bank statement and I was charged for $65.00!

I am guessing that I have been approved?! If you are debating on sending in your business card, I would do it anyway! You never know what could happen!!

I will keep you updated on when I receive the e-mail and actual card!

stacibanks

I applied with my comp card and my beauty school diploma. Well I think I got accepted because they charged my card. Anyway to make a long story short I call Mac Pro for my membership number so I could shop in store. They gave me a number??? So I when to a mac store,starts shopping for almost two hours and when I get to the counter they say my name isn't in the system. Anyone know why???

shescoolie

Don't know if this has been shared yet, but when I applied for my card earlier this year, it was denied because I forgot to add a copy of my license. :( When I called to ask if I could just fax it in I was told that I could not, but that I should mail it to the Canada location because it would shave off WEEKS. She was so right! I mailed my second application to the Canada address regular mail and got it approved in 2 weeks. :) Hope this helps!

stacibanks

For those of you who want to know, Ok so I sent my app on 9/11 to the New York address. My credit card was charged 2 weeks later. I kept calling to see if I was in the system. The first Lady I spoke to say I was and gave me my number. Woo hoo, I figured I was good. After spending almost 2 hours shopping, I got to the register and I found out I wasn't in the system. I called back and found out I needed to wait on the email. I finally got the email on October 6 and then found out I got approve for 30% because I sent in my diploma from beauty school. I got my card in the mail almost 2 weeks later; a week and a few days

AnqieM

I sent my application on 10/4 and I just called yesterday the 24th check the status and I was denied, I sent a copy of my certificate and a comp card, has this happened to anyone else and why?

stacibanks

I sent my application on 10/4 and I just called yesterday the 24th check the status and I was denied, I sent a copy of my certificate and a comp card, has this happened to anyone else and why?
From what I know the certificate has to be from one of the mac approved schools on their website

Latest posts