MAC Heavenly creature discussion

ahoythere

My bf was funny too when I was wearing my look with Sky, because he said it looked quite neutral. I was like huh how do you think a bright blue is neutral? And then he said that his bounderies have shifted because of me :haha:
I love it!!!! My husband and I are always talking about colors, he in a VFX capacity and I in a makeup capacity, but it's fun to share! :)

Pinkdollface

I love it!!!! My husband and I are always talking about colors, he in a VFX capacity and I in a makeup capacity, but it's fun to share!
smiles.gif
Yes it is fun to share! My bf doesn't have anything to do with colours for his work or anything at all related to makeup, but he shows interest in it every now and then. He does like eyeshadow and he gives compliments on my eye makeup very often. Now if he could get used to bright lips as well that would be great.

Perfectlypurple

Finally broke down and bought Center of the Universe, held out almost two weeks...just felt like my little MSF family was lacking without it!
I'm still trying not to buy all of the MSF's! Aha, I bought Light Year (which looks surprisingly great on my NC 40 skin tone) but at my store when the lovely SA pulled out all the ones to let me pick out veining all the swirls were meh :( I picked an alright one, but I feel like I got gipped on the gold and darker rose veining. I still also want Earthshine, when I swatched CotU it just disappeared into glitter on me, glad its lovely on you :)

andabri

Just to add some eyecandy, some swirl and swatch pics. For reference my arm is nc-15.

Lightyear Left to right: Base pale peach color, pinky peach swirl color, golden swirl, and mixed. The base color is so light, it just shows up as sparkle in the picture. (I only have a camera phone, not a high tech camera :( )

Earthshine Left to right, burgundy swirl, brown swirl, base golden color, all mixed together. I tried to blend out the swatches, because I saw how some fellow fair skinned ladies were debating this and stratus (which is amazing also!!).

Starwonder. Posted this a dozen or so pages back, but might as well include it.
Left to right. Pink swirl, gold base, plummy pink swirl, and all mixed together)

I can't bring myself to buy Center of the Universe even though I really want to complete the set and I LOVE how it looks like a fiery inferno in the pan, but its just too orange for my tastes.

DUPES!
for those of you that missed out on Lightyear Milani Luminoso is VERY close. Its just a smidge more apricot and without the golden sparkle that the golden swirl lends to lightyear. They both have the same satiny sheen of a finish, and the texture is similar. Literally, so close, I have a feeling the same factory in Italy probably makes both products.
Earthshine. None that I know of. It's so unique.
clapping.gif

Star Wonder. Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls in Rose Pearl is the closet I could find, especially if you have more of the plummy pink color. Rose pearl however, is way more metallic whereas starwonder is shimmery/sheen, but the color is similar on the cheek on my skintone. The lighter pink colored swirl is very much like a cooler toned NARS orgasm. REALLY pretty.

ladyarwen

Ugh, Star Wonder and Lightyear are beyond gorgeous. I have a job interview tomorrow, so if I get the gig, I'll be getting those two MSFs as a congrats gift to myself. (Just as soon as they're both restocked anyway. XD)

I've watched a few videos and noticed that the MSFs are only 7g but labelled on MAC website as 10g. Of course, I STILL don't have my order (if nothing arrives tomorrow, I may need help composing an angry email) so I cannot compare. Any thoughts on this?

andabri

I've watched a few videos and noticed that the MSFs are only 7g but labelled on MAC website as 10g. Of course, I STILL don't have my order (if nothing arrives tomorrow, I may need help composing an angry email) so I cannot compare. Any thoughts on this?
These ones are only 7 grams. But soo gorgeous.

Carriee

Ugh, Star Wonder and Lightyear are beyond gorgeous. I have a job interview tomorrow, so if I get the gig, I'll be getting those two MSFs as a congrats gift to myself. (Just as soon as they're both restocked anyway. XD)
Good luck with the job interview :)

Yazmin

Thankfully, LY and SR are too light for me , otherwise I'd snatch those up, too, plus backups. My wallet is only too happy for that mini-reprieve.

Audrey C

I loved Light Year so much that I had to go try Star Wonder even though I thought it would be too cool for me. It's not - I really like it and have nothing like it. I don't think I'll use either too often as blush, but as highlighters with blush. They may only be 7g, but I can't imagine that I'll hit pan on them. They'll last for years.

Final haul for HC (which was going to be a skip for me):

Light Year
Star Wonder
Magnetic Attraction (I'm just meh on the MES - not sure I'll do any more of those)
Meteoric
Strictly Plutonic
Fire Sign

I think that puts me neck and neck with HS, the only other collection I've bought more than a couple of items from. I'm done now - I swatched the entire collection again today and there's nothing else that draws me in. I'd rather add either LY or SW to blushes I already own and love than bother with the blushes in this collection that are just too glittery for me.

And with that, I await the Style Seeker launch with it's lippies, fluidlines and e/s duos! :)

Anitacska

Yes these are only 7 g. Don't know why.

Liz2012

Hi everyone
newhere.gif
and like most of us i'm also totally in love with this collection
yahoo.gif

My haul:

Cut A Caper
Venus
Meteoric
Light Year
Star Wonder
Center of the Universe
Ring of Saturn
Supernova
Earthly
Magnetic Attraction

and still trying to convince myself that i don't really need Galaxy Rose and Earthshine
sigh.gif

MACerette

Btw: is bright moon a bluish silver/ grey or more of an icy light blue? Didn't swatch that One Ps: autocorrect, I hate you! Sigh.... Takes forever this way.

MACJunkie85

Ok! I am done with this collection! I ordered Earthshine and Magnetic Attraction. I went to the MAC counter today and the service sucked. I would rather wait on my products.... I can't wait for them to get here!!! :eyelove:

crystalis007

This collection keeps amazing me. I used my Star Wonder MSF with Dollypink Blush today and I am going to have trouble washing my face tonight. It looks sooo pretty!

Audrey C

This collection keeps amazing me. I used my Star Wonder MSF with Dollypink Blush today and I am going to have trouble washing my face tonight. It looks sooo pretty!
Do you mean Dollymix, by any chance? That's the only pink blush I have (inherited from my young daughter's required performance makeup); I'll definitely try them together. I want to try SW and LY with a neutral as well (maybe Blushbaby) to see how they change it.