MAC in Duty Free

blepharisma

Hey,

Does anyone know if there is a MAC in the duty free shop at Pearson airport, in Toronto?

smiles.gif

Cheers

Chelsea

OHH YES!! i want to know too!! there or when flying out from NYC. And if there is no mac, what is therE?

blepharisma

smiles.gif

Oh well... no responses.

I guess I'll find out for myself in April & I'll let y'all know!

(sorry, I don't know about NYC either -- but I'd love the chance to find out firsthand!)

matthea

I don't believe so. I know the actual dutyfree stores run by some international conglomerate that seem to only carry Clinqie, Clarins, EL, Lancome, and Chanel. There may be a few more, but no MAC
ssad.gif

They do have some cool palettes, sizes and sets that I've only seen at dutyfree. Like a 4 pack of juicy tubes, and a huge EL idealist that looked like a shampoo bottle (5oz, or something crazy like that).
I think the Air Canada website sometimes shows some items that they sell on their flights (and are available in dutyfree).

gem_mac

nope, theres definately no mac duty free at pearson, well not any time i have flown outta there and i usualyl fly from there at least 3 times a year.

blepharisma

awww too bad

Anyone know if there's one in the airport in Baltimore?

On a related note... are these airport locations not listed on the MAC site with the other stores & counters? (I would try to look one up, to verify for myself, but I don't actually know the names of any of the airport locations...)

dolcediva

That's interesting...i never actually knew that MAC was at ANY airport...i'd be interested to find that out too. I'd definatly be at the MAC counter instead of the obligatory perfume purchase.

martygreene

Duty-Free MAC products are carried within a generalized high-end cosmetic Duty Free shoppe, and are not counters or stores devoted to MAC. It is generally 1-10 products, with only 1 or 2 of those items being exclusive to the Duty Free stores.

dianadoll

there is a MAC duty free area in the Honolulu airport and the free standing duty free galleria in Waikiki. They had some exclusives there when I went last week
smiles.gif

archangeli

There's a MASSIVE MAC section in London Heathrow Airport (forget which terminal/terminals). They were sellling brush sets, LE stuff and palettes. Mind you that everything was ridiculously priced (and in GB pounds as well!) compared to what i could get it for at home.

There is one in LAX

There is a M.A.C duty free counter in LAX(Los Angeles international airport.)
It's not quite big, but it's in good size. BTW, the MA there is so nice.

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangeli
There's a MASSIVE MAC section in London Heathrow Airport (forget which terminal/terminals). They were sellling brush sets, LE stuff and palettes. Mind you that everything was ridiculously priced (and in GB pounds as well!) compared to what i could get it for at home.

do you mean more expensive or cheaper?

Lo-Fi_Thriller

they were thinking about putting one into BWI, my sisters husband works there and he said they might put MAC or Estee Lauder - but this isisnt going to happen until 2007 or so ;(

piika

There is a MAC duty free counter at the Vancouver International Airport. I don't think any other airport in Canada has MAC. I was at that counter last summer and they had exclusive eye and lip palettes (as well as all the regular counter products). The palettes were pretty but I don't think any color in them was LE.

Bluegrassbabe, in a duty free shop you don't pay sales tax because you are travelling internationally. Since we pay 15% sales tax at many places in Canada, duty free makes a big difference. Even with the sales tax though, I do think MAC is cheaper in Canada than in all other countries. I don't understand why MAC is so ridiculously expensive in Europe.

ishtarchick

just in case anyone finds this useful, there is a duty free mac store (not counter, but store) in the mexico city international airport. IDK the prices, but I bet they're cheaper than counters. and in response to
Quote:
On a related note... are these airport locations not listed on the MAC site with the other stores & counters? (I would try to look one up, to verify for myself, but I don't actually know the names of any of the airport locations...)

this airport stores IS listed on the MAC site, named something like "aeroboutiques" i think so, but for example, there are several counters in mex city (and in puebla, where i live) that are not listed, IDK why.
HTH anyone
greengrin.gif

Latest posts