MAC in Hong Kong: Avaliable Collections, Release Dates, Locations

oddinary

Picked up just Wolf pearlglide today, it's beaaaautiful!
love.gif
Out is also Ungaro, Manish Arora. No sign of Sheer Minerals/MSFs, though I am patiently waiting for Petticoat!!

mandygrimreaper

Went to Langham Seibu yesterday, got my Manish! Nothing was sold out yet, the blushes were $155. (Aren't they usually $150?)

Following items sold out from Ungaro @ Langham:
both lipsticks
the lipglass
lilac touch eyeshadow
mineral eyeshadow
flower mist dew BP

by the way, release dates:

Nov 3 Cremesheen, Red She Said @ Seibu
Nov 6 Red She Said at other locations

mandygrimreaper

by the way oddinary, how's the lasting power of the pearlglides? is the texture really more of a "pearl" or "glitter"?
did you get any of the shadows?

waiting for petticoat as well
winks.gif
but they're $220? so expensive....
ssad.gif

oddinary

^ They can look quite frosty if you layer too much... it's a hard question, it's in between a pearl and glitter I'd say :p Ooh & blushes have been $155 for a while now - I was contemplating Devil but woah, it is BRIGHT! Tell me how you like the BP though, I might pick it up!

I'm confused about Sheer Minerals because over in the Color Collections forum it says it'll be available with the perm. mineralize line internationally by October :/ No big deal really, but I am desperate to get Petticoat ASAP! My first encounter with MSFs was Petticoat and every since I missed its first release with Lingerie, I've learned to run and not walk to the counters :p

Thanks for the dates, btw! I'm going to see if I can ask the MA about Sheer Minerals again - I asked last time, she seemed very confused cause she thought I was referring to the MSFs released during the N collection :?

mandygrimreaper

hmmm... i think i'm gonna save my money for Red She Said then, i REALLY want that Stark Naked Beauty Powder Blush -- it looks freaking gorgeous!

i bought the Devil blush anyway :p i would have bought Pink Swoon but i already have it, and i couldn't resist the packaging. so i got that, pink manish lipglass and the palette. i haven't touched any of it yet :p the swatches of devil looked pretty though, i think it'll be ok if you use a VERYYYY light hand
winks.gif

anyway are you referring to flower mist dew BP? where is it still available? i quite like it, i like it more than alpha girl (i managed to score one on eBay). alpha girl's texture would be like a satin eyeshadow, harder to pick up and with less colour pay-off, while flower mist dew's texture would be like a matte2 eyeshadow. it makes my cheeks pink, matte and smooth, i love it! ^^ it's like a lighter version of pinch-o-peach? light dusty pink. would love to get a backup but they're so expensive. i hope they last long!!!!! this is the only one i have apart from alpha girl, so i don't know how long a BP would last... 11g should last quite a while?

are MSFs very glittery? i've yet to try them :p

oddinary

I'm happy you got Alpha Girl after all, because thinking about Heatherette and my whole chase around HK just to get Lollipop Loving gives me a headache! XD 11g should definitely last a while...maybe even longer! I've used my Pearl Sunshine BP from Barbie tons of times, I don't even have a dip in it yet. I'm quite keen on picking up Enough Said from Red She Said though... I've done lots of budgeting, so hopefully I'll be able to afford it if I don't get sucked into buying more Pearlglides soon
lol.gif

MSFs vary a lot... the ones from Flashtronic were super glittery, a lot of people hated them but the ones from N are a lot finer and smoother. The MSFs from Sheer Minerals should be like that, haven't heard people complain so far :p MSFs use to be HG for me, not so much now... I suspect it's because I own so many highlighters, my favs always vary :p

Taj

got phone call from MA at elements, and was told Sheer Minerals will be out 30 Oct.

mandygrimreaper

ahhhh i regret not getting Light Flush from N! hopefully i'll have enough money to get Petticoat hehe. i'm really broke right now esp after Manish. (STILL haven't touched it yet btw :p)

btw when do the holiday collections usually come out? i've never bought them in HK before. i wanted to get the 6 smokey eyes but i think i'll be too broke to do that XD they're like what, $400? and the packaging doesn't seem very attractive. i mean they looked ok in the promos but reviews on MUA say they look absolutely hideous
th_LMAO.gif

i want to get the 3 rose lips lip bag though!! the swatches of the lipsticks look so good!!!
drools.gif

Taj, WOOWW the MA actually calls you about release dates? now how come i have to hunt the MAs down to ask for them
th_LMAO.gif

oddinary

In theory, the palettes sound very good... the ways the MAs convince you $400 justified when the palettes are the size of your palm! But it shocks me everytime how small they are *shrugs* I'd rather buy the full products!

& thank you SO much, Taj!!

oddinary

I have bad news... I don't think Petticoat or So Ceylon is coming out in HK. I asked the MA whether there were coloured MSFs, aside from Soft & Gentle and Gold Deposit but she didn't seem to know anything about it...
ssad.gif
I'm so disappointed, I was looking forward to buying Petticoat! Oh well, permanent MSFs are $220 each!

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddinary
Picked up just Wolf pearlglide today, it's beaaaautiful!
love.gif
Out is also Ungaro, Manish Arora. No sign of Sheer Minerals/MSFs, though I am patiently waiting for Petticoat!!

I am so jealous that you guys got Manish Arora!!!
mandygrimreaper, did you get to try Devil blush on you?

drieyes

I have bad news... I don't think Petticoat or So Ceylon is coming out in HK. I asked the MA whether there were coloured MSFs, aside from Soft & Gentle and Gold Deposit but she didn't seem to know anything about it...
ssad.gif
]

Don't despair, whenever I ask an MA in HKG about upcoming collections, they seem to not know what I'm talking about (I don't speak Cantonese). I'm sure Petticoat and So Ceylon will be available in HKG because even the very limited Manish was available there. Hope you can get your Petticoat soon because I am just lovin mine and thinking of gettin the other two as well.
th_wink3.gif

oddinary

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddinary
ssad.gif
]

Don't despair, whenever I ask an MA in HKG about upcoming collections, they seem to not know what I'm talking about (I don't speak Cantonese). I'm sure Petticoat and So Ceylon will be available in HKG because even the very limited Manish was available there. Hope you can get your Petticoat soon because I am just lovin mine and thinking of gettin the other two as well.
th_wink3.gif

Does that mean you bought Petticoat in HK?! If so, where? I only went to the Pacific Place counter, maybe I should check Sogo!

mandygrimreaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
I am so jealous that you guys got Manish Arora!!!
mandygrimreaper, did you get to try Devil blush on you?

Is it all sold out already? cause i wouldn't think hong kong people would be so into such bright colours. when i bought it it was like people were totally ignoring the manish counter.
th_dunno.gif
actually i only got it for the packaging... and because of how limited it is :p

Hehe i'm ashamed to say that i havent tried it yet, probably because of how much i see it's being sold on eBay.... i might swap it for something i really want on Makeupalley :p it is a very pretty colour though, although very bright. when you look at a new one, you don't see any sparkles, but the tester i saw had quite a lot of shimmer in it, maybe it's "embedded" in the blush? it's quite pretty!

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandygrimreaper
Is it all sold out already? cause i wouldn't think hong kong people would be so into such bright colours. when i bought it it was like people were totally ignoring the manish counter.
th_dunno.gif
actually i only got it for the packaging... and because of how limited it is :p

Hehe i'm ashamed to say that i havent tried it yet, probably because of how much i see it's being sold on eBay.... i might swap it for something i really want on Makeupalley :p it is a very pretty colour though, although very bright. when you look at a new one, you don't see any sparkles, but the tester i saw had quite a lot of shimmer in it, maybe it's "embedded" in the blush? it's quite pretty!

Oops sorry. I am Asian Australian living in Melbourne! We don't even get Manish Arora collection in Australia. I bought Shine and Pink Manish and love them so much. I don't know if it is just my imagination, but they feel stickier than normal lipglass? Last longer on my lips, too. Hehe.. I agree.. Totally digging the packaging
smiles.gif
I would like to know how Devil looks on fair Asian skin? Devil swatch does look scary
smiles.gif

drieyes

Does that mean you bought Petticoat in HK?! If so, where? I only went to the Pacific Place counter, maybe I should check Sogo![/quote]

Sorry, I am traveling and I bought mine in Chicago. Hope it is coming to hkg soon....

macgalhk

$220 for a compact w/out a mirror is actually quite expensive... I got the MSF Duos from the New View Collection, which were also priced at @220 each, one for touch ups and 2 for highlighting/contouring. Dun think I'll be getting the upcoming MSFs if they're only gonna serve me one purpose. I think I'd rather go for other alternative brands, maybe a BB shimmer brick instead.

oddinary

I agree, it's getting progressively higher the prices... however, it's the same case with other H/E brands. I'm a big shimmer queen and I absolutely love the SBs, but I guess if you're more into subtle highlight the MAC duos are more suitable. I'm still a bit bummed Petticoat didn't get released
ssad.gif

Latest posts