MAC Interviews & Hiring Process

how did your interview go??
Better than I thought it would, thanks for asking. :) I probably seemed like the most nervous, but I was the first to answer a lot of the questions and I sounded knowledgable in my answers and I didn't ramble too much. The next day I got a callback from them saying I had been selected to come back for the makeup interview, so I am headed to that in two weeks. :yahoo: I think I was way more nervous for the talking part then I am for the makeup portion because the makeup is what I am actually good at :) so yeah I will keep you guys updated!

How did your interview go hun?
My first interview went great and today (2 weeks later) I got my call for a makeup interview this wednesday for a new store opening up in my area and a counter in my area. I hope I get the job in either one! Its such short notice so I only have 2 days to prepare and I am freaking out lol.

Better than I thought it would, thanks for asking.
smiles.gif
I probably seemed like the most nervous, but I was the first to answer a lot of the questions and I sounded knowledgable in my answers and I didn't ramble too much. The next day I got a callback from them saying I had been selected to come back for the makeup interview, so I am headed to that in two weeks.
yahoo.gif
I think I was way more nervous for the talking part then I am for the makeup portion because the makeup is what I am actually good at
smiles.gif
so yeah I will keep you guys updated!
omg yay i am so happy for you!!! yes keep us updated! I have mine in two days so I am excited yet nervous since its such short notice!!

Just got the call today from the MRO and I got hired as a permanent artist at a brand new store opening up in my area!! So happy!! this thread really helped me out!!! good luck to any body who is currently in the interview process!! you can do it
heart.gif

emunday

hi everyone! so I've been reading posts on here for awhile now however I am new to posting so I apologized if the issue I'm having has already been addressed... but about a month and half ago I had my one on one interview at one of the free standing mac stores in my area. it went GREAT!! me and my interviewer, Jenny clicked instantly! she was amazing!! and then a few days after that she called and set up my demo interview. so I brought my model to the store and we rocked it out! she had all positive feedback for me, and loved the look I did on my model. she said I was hired in the spot, and she wanted me to fill out new hire paperwork right then but they were out of new hire packets there we technically had wait for the hiring manager make the offer because we had to discuss pay. since my demo it's been a month of my interviewing manager calling back and forth because the hiring manager was out of town and then back and now out of town again and was suppose to call me but hasn't...after another phone call of touching base with my interviewing manager, I was told that the hiring manager will be back in town middle of next week and she should call me then... is this normal or has anyone else had to wait so long? I don't know what to do : \

The hiring process for mac can be long. Once the hiring mgr is in and you do get to fill out your papers it normally takes 2 wks for it to process. I felt like i was waiting for forever! Unfortunately for you there is that extra wait time. Just be patient and keep in contact with the manager

is this normal or has anyone else had to wait so long? I don't know what to do : \
This is normal, MAC can take anywhere up to 6 months and even longer to actually get you STARTED...were you going in as a freelancer or fulltime? And there are lots of post previously that talk specifically about this i hope that i didn't scare you too much cause then i'd feel bad. I know the bubbly feeling you get with these interviews! have you tried asking Jenny for the hiring managers name and # or email? I would if i were you, and contact her myself...let her know the process you've been going through.

GL HUN!

Finally got hired as a FULL-TIME MAC MUA! Feeling super blessed because they normally don't hire full-time artists right away, you have to work your way up, but i was fortunate i guess! All i have to say is never to give up ladies! I was at your position before, shot down first time. That "6 months" thing really made me lose lots of confidence, but they did tell me to never give up if it's truly my dream. After that i kept practicing, took pictures, and got my foot wet. I even went for another interview with MAC travel retail, not the same process with regular MAC's, but that did not stop me for i had a vision for myself to pursue MAC until i got it. "Third times a charm..." they say. Customer service plays a big part in this ladies! I wish all the best for you!!!

"A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES..."

BTW if anyone is interested in my experience with my MAC process, you are more than welcome to read my thread(IT'S SUPER LENGTHY):
yahoo.gif

Working in the Mid-Atlantic Region-MAC Recruiter Sherrie Thrasher (DMV)
th_hello2.gif

^^^ THAT'S THE THREAD ^^^

emunday

This is normal, MAC can take anywhere up to 6 months and even longer to actually get you STARTED...were you going in as a freelancer or fulltime? And there are lots of post previously that talk specifically about this i hope that i didn't scare you too much cause then i'd feel bad.  I know the bubbly feeling you get with these interviews! have you tried asking Jenny for the hiring managers name and # or email? I would if i were you, and contact her myself...let her know the process you've been going through. GL HUN! 
thankyou so much! yes I have her name it was just a matter of catching her while she was in town. I did however call Monday night and talked to her and she is touching base with my interviewing manager and I will know something Thursday!! fingers crossed!! thankyou so much everyone!

Latti Mua

Hi! I did an interview with a Mac store yesterday. It was open calls so you just came in with your resume and you got an interview. I was the very first one and I felt the interview went okay. But she didn't offer me to come back once the interview was over. She said she would call within a week. But in the email, it said selected candidates would have to return in a week to do the makeup demo. Did I totally not get in? :(

nishalamp

Just wondering if Mac hires someone with a misderminor just got hired but afraid this will hold me back I only have this one thing on my record and it's been over 7 years

Glamgoddess

Hi, I'm not sure if this was answered yet but, I was recently hired in MAC for the on call/freelance position. ! However, it's been a month and a week now and I still haven't received my employee number to start. How long does it generally take?

Erica Price

Just wondering if Mac hires someone with a misderminor just got hired but afraid this will hold me back I only have this one thing on my record and it's been over 7 years
Curious to know if you got the position or not. I am in the same boat and I am waiting on my paperwork to be approved although it states in my offer letter that effective June 16 as the date. But there are new EEOC regulations that speak about that. Basically saying that that shouldnt rule you out as a candidate but who knows. We shall see. Its in God's hands now :)

Glamgoddess

How long did it take to get your employee number??? MAC know they ain't right making us wait like this
They really not! Loll it took me 3 months to get my employee number. I had to be on them. I called the manager and hr every other week to see what was going on. Now they say because it's summer they barely get any freelance hours.

Latest posts