MAC lashes??

Krista

Does anyone actually wear MAC lashes?? Every time I mention getting some, people tell me to get the d/s brands. I really love MAC lashes. I have the #7s and #4s. I just bought the #4s today and I'd really like to buy more styles as well.

Just wondering if people really do prefer d/s brand lashes? I've owned Ardell ones and I hated them. They looked really bad, but the MAC ones look really natural and pretty, IMO.

FacesbyNiki

I guess it's what you can afford. I haven't mastered putting them on yet so I got some cheapies, the Ardells but once I get the hang of them, I will get some MAC ones. They look so natural on people. :p

ruby_soho

I use MAC's #4s only, my counter doesn't have great selection at all. Drug store brands are good for practicing, but MAC you get alot better range of shapes and lengths. If I worked at MAC I'd go crazy buying lashes, I wear them pretty often lately.

Krista

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_soho
I use MAC's #4s only, my counter doesn't have great selection at all. Drug store brands are good for practicing, but MAC you get alot better range of shapes and lengths. If I worked at MAC I'd go crazy buying lashes, I wear them pretty often lately.

Do you wear the #4s even with casual looks? I really like them, I'm wearing them now just for practice.

The girl at the counter thought the #7s were MAC's most natural lashes. I don't really get that, since they're a very distinct "pattern". I think these are much more natural.

I'm going to get my makeup done next Wednesday and I'm definitely going to get a 3rd pair. I just feel so much prettier with full lashes!

Krista

Another question...Is it safe to share lashes or no? My sister wanted to borrow a pair, but I said no until I knew how bad it might be...is it like sharing makeup or is there a way to sanitize them?

ruby_soho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista
Another question...Is it safe to share lashes or no? My sister wanted to borrow a pair, but I said no until I knew how bad it might be...is it like sharing makeup or is there a way to sanitize them?

If you want to do this I would lightly wet a Q-tip with rubbing alcohol and run it along the adhesive part and a little along the root of the lashes. I personally am not super freaky with sharing stuff like that, someone else who responds could probably discourage you. But this is my two cents!

Krista

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_soho
If you want to do this I would lightly wet a Q-tip with rubbing alcohol and run it along the adhesive part and a little along the root of the lashes. I personally am not super freaky with sharing stuff like that, someone else who responds could probably discourage you. But this is my two cents!

Yeah I'm not to freaked out by that - especially when it's my sister. I do share makeup with her anyway, just not makeup brushes.

MACgirl

I do makeup for clients and usally if the look calls for it ill add on a eyelash fee (to pay for the mac eyelashes i wil lbuy)...but since i do have four sisters, they tend to just wanna use mine, i wash mine with cleanse off oil (to get mascara off) and then just patt them dry and comb them back into thier shape with an eyelash comb. Its been working for me ofr along time now...

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

OOOOO Yes - I love 4's and 7's they are great - they are my favs!!
smiles.gif

kimmy

i think that whether they look really fake or not depends on your application of them.

i personally, use drugstore brands when i use them. i generally only use them for photoshoots because the glue is just such a pain in the ass to scrub off, i'd rather not have it on my face all the time. a girl broguth mac lashes to a shoot one time and asked that i use those on her, so i did and really...they didn't look much different from the other girl who i used modlash lashes on.

i kind of want to get some mac lashes of my own though just to say i have them haha :]

DILLIGAF

I swear by my Adrell, Red Cherry, Miss Adoro and BSS store lashes. To me the MAC ones don't perform any differently than the ones from the drugstore. Now you can find dupes for any MAC lash from any number of brands. Given the choice to spend $15 or $4 on something that's going to end up in the trash eventually I'd rather save the money. However that's just my two cents.

Sequinzombie

I love lashes in general, but to be honest Mac ones aren't to much better. I've worn mine about four times and they are still in great shape. I think investing in Mac lashes is great because you can b2m the cases. haha!

MAChostage

I also love my drugstore (Ardell) lashes, and I really want to try Red Cherry lashes but I really would like to see them up close and personal (instead of on a website) so I can make sure I'm choosing the styles I really want. I have some MAC #7s and #20s and really have only used them for more dramatic looks. I recently bought my first pair of MUFE lashes, in Genevieve, and I must say that I was really impressed with them. They were so lightweight and natural, and are just an overall beautiful lash. But really, there are great, inexpensive lashes out there and I'd also rather spend less money on something that will eventually just be thrown away.

Latest posts