Mac Lipgloss getting gross while wearing?

onezumi

I'm having trouble where my Mac lipglosses get all gross and cakey where my lips meet a few hours after they have been applied. Am I putting them on wrong? My Nars glosses don't seem to do this as much which is so weird!

MACGoddess

On me, Lipglass is the only one that does this, and I think it is a combo of my own lips and the fact that it is a stickier gloss. I put a Tendertone down first and I am good to go though.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACGoddess
On me, Lipglass is the only one that does this, and I think it is a combo of my own lips and the fact that it is a stickier gloss. I put a Tendertone down first and I am good to go though.

I'm going to try a Tendertone underneath instead of my usual balm and see if this helps. I have that same problem, kind of like a white film or something where the lipgloss seems to gather.

onezumi

Ooo! I'll go and pick up a tendertone this week!
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

A couple of other tips:

1. When you apply it, apply it just to the bottom lip at the center (and a little bit towards the sides) and touch your lips together. When you do that, it's harder for it to migrate in large amounts to the areas where your lips meet.

If you need to blend it or disperse it a bit more, lightly roll your lips together in an inward direction. By roll, I don't mean rub them together. That should spread the product around, but not smear it or allow too much to accumulate in the corners and where your lips meet.

2. Another key is to be mindful of how much you apply. A lot of people tend to slather lipglass on when just a bit will do. I will admit that I am occaisionally in that category, btw.
winks.gif
I fix it by putting my index finger between my lips (towards the back of my lips) then press my lips down on my index finger. It removes excesses where your lips meet and at the corners.

3. (Gently) Exfoliate your lips on a regular basis. With either A) a washcloth (wet with warm water), B) a baby toothbrush and some vaseline or C) a treatment like MAC's or Tarte's, then condition.

And lastly, as others have said, if it works for you, condition your lips before application. Prep + Prime lip may also help you keep your gloss in place.

HTH
winks.gif

GlossyAbby

I used ot have this same issue but only w/ lipglass....now I use the lip conditioner under it and it doesn't happen...

DixieHellcat

Lipglass is very, very sticky on me. It might be the time of year though--it's extremely humid in TN right now. I have 1 l/g I got as an extra in a swap, Spirited. I love the color but it's just too uncomfortable to wear. I'm going to hang on to it & try again when the weather cools off though.

Nadeshda

I have never tried any MAC lip products, but this also happens to me with pretty much all lip products. It only happens on my bottom lip, though. I think this has to do with the shape of my lips, they're a bit full and my bottom lip is naturally pouty. I find that if I cover the whole visible area of my lower lip, this happens to me, but if I make an effort not to cover the inner area of my lower lip (specially the center), I don't get that nasty gunk.

pumpkincat210

Try mac's prep and prime lip too. It smooths out the roughness of your lips and makes your lips softer too. Make sure it's dry before you put on your lipglass though.

jardinaires

lipglass and me do not get along on most occasions. i love it as a product, and the colors available, and i've been known to go through c-thru quite frequently. but it is very sticky and i have to use something like lip conditioner to prep my lips before hand, or else it will feel like i've just put maple syrup on my lips and when i close my mouth in a relaxed position it is just very sticky and uncomfortable feeling. lipglass on dry lips never feels nice at all, and it tends to look just as strange as it feels. lip conditioner really helps a lot, it smooths and moisturizes your lips and this allows the lipglass to go on a lot better and feel a lot better as well.

Latest posts