MAC Masterclass with Nadine L.

Vicodin

i'm not sure if this is the right forum for a masterclass review - please move if i posted it wrong!

First of all, nadine is a very nice person and she explained everything very clear and joked and smiled a lot
smiles.gif

she did a complete make-up on one model and showed us a quick change on an already done make-up on another model

first model:
she used fix+ before moisturizer and then studio moisture fix and said she put it on the eyelids too - she also explained that everyone should use moisturizer everytime because otherwise the skin will produce more moistrizing oils on it's own

then she used the fast response eyecreme around the eye area

after moisture the skin she mixed studio fix fluid and mineralize satin finish foundation and applied it with the 222 around the eyes and worked it in with her fingers, then she used the 187 to blend, she dipped it in the two mixed foundations and blended over the whole face

she used select cover-up concealer, applied it with the 222 too and blended it with her fingers again

to set the foundation she used select sheer powder and told us to always choose one shade lighter than the foundation. i'm not sure which brush she used for this but it was a brush similar to the 129 but bigger - she said to not overuse powder by putting it everywhere, just on the eyes and the t-zone for example and she also put it on the neck

then she used naked lunch as a base (she didn't used prep+prime at all) she put it on the whole lid up to the browbone and highlighted the cheeks with it

then she applied lipconditioner (the one in the tube)

she curled the lashes and told us that this will catch fall out

she used the eye kohl in smolder and drew a thick line on the lid and blended it with the 272, then she applied smolder on the bottom lash line and blended it with the 219
over the blended smolder kohl she applied fluidline in blacktrack with the 239 and blended it with the 224, she told us that fluidline is great as a base because it's not drying too fast) and she applied fluidline with the 266 on the bottom lash line and blended it with the 219
over the kohl and the fluidline she used smut eyeshadow only on the lid and blended it again with the 224 in the crease

she curled the lashes again

used mineralize skinfinish all over and then she contoured the face with a brush that was smaller than the 129 (sorry that i don't know all the numbers of the brushes but she told us the numbers very seldom, i can only name the ones i have because i know how they look like)

then she used powder blush in peaches and told us how much she loves that shade because it's flattering on everyone, again she applied it with a brush that was smaller than the 129, she applied it on the cheekbone and blended down

she explained how she cleans-up any fall out: use whatever you used for foundation (in this case studio fix fluid and minerale satin finish) mix it on the back of your hand and grab some foundation with a q-tip and twist it where you need to clean up and put powder on top to set the foundation

she used "eye brows" for the brows and said "just follow the natural hairline" and then she used omega eyeshadow over it to soften, with a 266 and then she used naked lunch to highlight the brow again with the 266 (a very thin line under the eye brow), clear browgel afterwards
she told us that we can use lipliners for eyebrows too

she used prolash and then she applied it with the 205 on the "back of the lashes" (i'm not sure if you know what i mean, but just close your eyes and the part of the lashes that you can see now is where she put the mascara) and then she used the 212 with the mascara to draw a line on the bottom lashline and explained that the mascara will stay even on teary eyes

then she used reflects in pearl i believe, mixed it with black soul pigment and put it on the lid with some fluidline in blacktrack as a base so it can stick to the lid and put it on the bottom line too

now she removed the lip conditioner with a kleenex and then lined the lips with a neutral lipliner and then with a darker shade (she used oak and stripdown) then she drew a line around the lips with studio fix with a 266 or a similar brush
she put on lip conditioner again and then lustreglass (i'm sorry i don't remember the name)

this was the make-up for the first model, the second one already had make-up on and nadine told us she did the same method as on the first model but made the look brown, she used:

brownborder technakohl or costa riche eye kohl
cream color base in red clay (it's a pro product but root is very similar) or dipdown fluidline
and espresso and brown down eyeshadow mixed
(for everything i didn't mentioned now she used the same products as on the first model)

to change the look she applied clear gloss on the lid with a lipbrush and blended it slightly with the 224 (she actually loves to wear gloss over eyeshadow - she even wore it on that day)
smiles.gif

that's it, hope everything is clear - if you have any questions, please ask me!
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

Wow, lucky gal. Nadine is really amazing. You scored! For those of you who are unfamiliar with her, here is her info: Nadine Bio. Additonally, she is one of the gals you see when you first log onto MAC pro: MAC Pro.

Thanks for the recap, vicodin. Sounds like a great class.
winks.gif

Latest posts