MAC policy- applying Liquidlast Liners?

claresauntie

Hi, all. Another question prior to my possible demo interview...

How do you apply Liquidlast and remain sanitary?

At home, I tried to dab some on my hand and apply it with a different brush, just to play, and it dried so damn fast I couldn't get it to work well. So I'm hoping that's not involved in keeping the application sanitary!
winks.gif

And I believe at my counters the samples have brushes in them, so I bet people are dabbing those on their hands... even if I have a disposable brush, how will I apply that on customers in a safe way? Won't the product already be gross from people testing willy-nilly throughout the day?

giz2000

The testers at your counter should have had the brushes cut off...if they don't, then just make sure that the MA overlooking your demo knows this...I would still use the tester brushes or pull some out with a swab and brush it off from there...

drea2447

There should be tester brushes for the liquid last liners. Alot of ma use those brushes when putting the glue on false lashes when applying them.

maxcat

We have sanitary testers behind the counter, with the brushes cut off, and then we have little disposable synthetic hair ones that we use on people. The ones on the counter have the brushes in them so people can try them on their hands.

maxcat

PS- don't use your hand as a pallette in your demo.
It's a big health and safety no-no for the counter.
They won't expect you to know all the MAC sanitary counter procedures, but they would expect you to know makeup artist basics about keeping sanitary testers clean. I work off my hands a lot if I'm working with a private client, but absolutely not at the counter with people who don't know me.

Klava

Quote:
PS- don't use your hand as a pallette in your demo.
It's a big health and safety no-no for the counter.
They won't expect you to know all the MAC sanitary counter procedures, but they would expect you to know makeup artist basics about keeping sanitary testers clean. I work off my hands a lot if I'm working with a private client, but absolutely not at the counter with people who don't know me.

But you can use your hands to show the products, colors, textures, right?

Latest posts