Mac pressed powders

mrstucker

OK...someone help. (Mods, please move if necessary). I'm hoping Lara might answer this!

What exactly are hyper real pressed powders for, what does each colour do/not do, and are they better/worse/comparable to other pressed face powders that MAC has? I mean, are the IPPs basically the same thing?

lara

In case anyone wonders what these are, you can find them here.
smiles.gif

Off the top of my head:
Lavender: illusion of light.
Rose: illusion of warmth.

I don't own either of these items (I'm always put off the pressed iridescent powders because of the large balled chunks that appear in the counter testers after a week or two of use, and it's been a couple of months since I last haunted the pro store), but I'd hazard a guess that the Hyper Real FX powders work along the same lines as the original Guerlain Meteorites.

Can someone tell me if there's a significant difference between the mill/grain of the HR pressed and the iridescent pressed powders? Now that I'm looking at the HR powders, I think that I'd probably get a lot of use out of them work-wise around graduation season provided that they aren't overly opaque. Teenage girls seem to crave the shimmer-tastic disco ball effect.
lol.gif