MAC PRICE INCREASE (8/1/11)

emilinaloveMAC

I noticed on the website MAC has increased their prices on some products like eyeshadows. pot shadows are now $15 and pan shadows are now 11.50 i don't know what else they increased. I think its kind of messed up they do this every year since pretty soon everything will be just as expensive as really high end brands like dior lancome etc

m0rg3nst3rn

Paints too, they used to be $16.50 too, now they are $17.50 as well.
Pigments are $20
Cream Colour bases $17.50
Chromaline $17.50
Pro Palette and Blush palette $16
Quad $7

ARmakeupjunkie

I noticed on the website MAC has increased their prices on some products like eyeshadows. pot shadows are now $15 and pan shadows are now 11.50 i don't know what else they increased. I think its kind of messed up they do this every year since pretty soon everything will be just as expensive as really high end brands like dior lancome etc

I agree and as the prices increases, my buying slows down.

Mac-Guy

Sneaky. You would expect at least a friendly warning to allow customers to stock up before the increase kicks in.

Monsy

every brand increases prices every year. fragrances had price increase twice already this year, some almost 20%

foxxylatina07

Well that really sux. I think that's one of the reasons why I haven't been buying MAC as much. I guess that's going to make me more selective on what to buy from their upcoming collections. BOOO MAC!!

princess sarah

You guys are still cheaper than MAC AUS. Semi Precious - $40 & Pigments are $39... Paint Pots $35 and pro palette is $28 and our shadows are $28

which is why i order overseas... even when you work out the conversion rate.. its still expensive :(

jjjenko

dang!!! i am glad i just placed my order 2 days ago, so i wasn't affected by the price change. i still remember the good ol' days when 15 pan palettes were $12

Nicala

Wow.. the pro palette went up TWO DOLLARS?
icon_eek.gif

Don't mind me, just migrating elsewhere.. ahem Sephora.

sziem

:O

I just check the MAC UK website and everything looks the same price. I hope they don't increase the prices :( - we already pay more here in the UK ><

GlamQueen21

I did notice the price increase on the eyeshadow pans. I did not think that the both the eyeshadow palettes and the blush palettes are now $16!

mckpoon

i know this has already been mentioned a million times, somewhere, but the markup for Canadians is ridiculous! not to go beating a dead horse... but this is precisely the reason why i'm slowly (and easily!) converting to Dior, as the exchange value is quite favourable.

saddening.

Busttamuv3

I thought that the price increase was pertinent to their LE releases....so sad its now on their permanent range too =(. Did the price of brushes go up too?

It would be cool if they updated their packaging on the bigger palettes to look like the new quads...with the clear covering so that you could see the pans. Then they would actually be worth $16 IMO.

Latest posts