MAC PRO Fall Trend Eye Palette (April 2012)

Spikesmom

AARGGHH!! I've worn mine two days in a row and I've had almost immediate creasing. I never have creasing problems with anything!! I'm so crease-proof usually lol. I'm applying a fairly thin layer with my finger and then blending it out into the crease with a 217. I'm using pepper-salt. Yesterday I just put a dab of Vex in the center of my eye with some charcoal brown in the crease. Today I totally covered it up with Patina, put Charcoal Brown in the crease and Carbon in the outer-v (not like all that matters). I put it on about an hour and a half ago and it's creasing already!!
001_unsure.gif
What am I doing wrong?

Pinkdollface

AARGGHH!! I've worn mine two days in a row and I've had almost immediate creasing. I never have creasing problems with anything!! I'm so crease-proof usually lol. I'm applying a fairly thin layer with my finger and then blending it out into the crease with a 217. I'm using pepper-salt. Yesterday I just put a dab of Vex in the center of my eye with some charcoal brown in the crease. Today I totally covered it up with Patina, put Charcoal Brown in the crease and Carbon in the outer-v (not like all that matters). I put it on about an hour and a half ago and it's creasing already!!
001_unsure.gif
What am I doing wrong?
They do crease on me when I wear them on their own (+ Too Faced Shadow Insurance), but with powder on top and Too Faced Shadow Insurance underneath they last 8 hours or so.

Mac-Guy

001_unsure.gif
What am I doing wrong?
Try setting it with the Pro Set Powder (Invisible). This should do the trick!

Spikesmom

So primer, color from the palette, shadow I layer on top and then pro set powder? Or will that only work if I don't put a shadow over it? I never have this much trouble making a product work. Big Bounce shadows don't even crease on me lol!!!
Try setting it with the Pro Set Powder (Invisible). This should do the trick!

Pinkdollface

Oh no! But a regular shadow as a setting powder works for you?
I have only tested with mes so far, but those do indeed work. I think the pro set powder can work as well, but I would have to use more. If I use a lot of the set powder the shadow from the fall trend palette gets really dull, so I don't like to do that.

Mac-Guy

Can that Pro Set Powder be used on say, my crateresque pores to get them to be invisible or for eyes only?
In that case, I would use the P&P setting powder (maybe followed by a hint of Pro Set) rather than the Pro Set Powder on its own. The former one has smoothing "fillers" which helps with pores and fine lines while the latter one is more matte. The Pro Set works great in humid conditions, so for hot summers on the East coast and in the South, it's my favorite powder, especially as I can get a version that is color-correcting (I use Soft Yellow on my cheeks). Now I wish they would bring the Lilac one back. I'm on my last BU!

Mac-Guy

I have only tested with mes so far, but those do indeed work. I think the pro set powder can work as well, but I would have to use more. If I use a lot of the set powder the shadow from the fall trend palette gets really dull, so I don't like to do that.
I haven't tried the palette with the MES. I mainly wear them on their own. I really love the Paprika shade for a nude look - it makes blue eyes pop! Woop woop!

Prettypackages

I completely ignored this thread b/c they were cream based. Now that I see the swatches, I'm kicking myself. If you see an extra let me know!

gracie90

I love being able to try all the different colours without having to commit to buying an entire paintpot :)