Mac Pro memberships in Aus?

chameleonmary

Hi all, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but how do Mac Pro memberships work for people who are not qualified makeup artists? Are they still allowed to register for membership and if so, how is it done? I could not see anything on the Aus website, only the US.

erine1881

i believe the pro membership program only applies to those in the u.s. and u.k. i would email mac and double check, but i don't think its available for aus.

boudoirblonde

there is MAC pro in Australia.
If you email them, they are very helpful
smiles.gif

Their email is on the customer service section on maccosmetics.com.au

Kitty Kitty

Hi there,

To be considered for MAC Pro you have to show a portfolio. Also, there are different levels within the MAC Pro. When I joined I had to provide a copy of my portfolio, invoices, business cards, promotional material etc. You also have to go to the store not the counters in Myer or DJs. I went into Paddington and spoke with the Manager there. You can also contact Artist Relations in Melbourne (in the Chapel St store).

Hope this info helps
winks.gif

KK.

boudoirblonde

Argh I filled out the application for PRO student, like 4 weeks ago, and sent it in and haven't heard anything back
ssad.gif

Should I email them and ask? Or just wait?
How long does it usually take?
argh I want my card! :p

miss_bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudoirblonde
Argh I filled out the application for PRO student, like 4 weeks ago, and sent it in and haven't heard anything back
ssad.gif

Should I email them and ask? Or just wait?
How long does it usually take?
argh I want my card! :p

So we have MAC PRO student in Australia? Where do you get the forms from? Do you just ahve to call them up and ask or..?

boudoirblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
So we have MAC PRO student in Australia? Where do you get the forms from? Do you just ahve to call them up and ask or..?

I just emailed them and asked. I havent heard anything back though, which REALLY sucks
ssad.gif

miss_bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudoirblonde
I just emailed them and asked. I havent heard anything back though, which REALLY sucks
ssad.gif

Annoying, they have been so slack with their email service lately. Maybe you should call them?

boudoirblonde

YES! they called me today to say they were charging my card for the PRO student card
greengrin.gif

haha, just as Im about to finish my make-up course :p

FYI, it took about 7 weeks from the time I sent my application

boudoirblonde

FINALLY I have my MAC Pro card on my way to me! (I never received the student card?)

But can someone tell me how much the discount is here? In the US its 40%, but I heard its only 30% here?

boudoirblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Kitty
Hi there,

To be considered for MAC Pro you have to show a portfolio. Also, there are different levels within the MAC Pro. When I joined I had to provide a copy of my portfolio, invoices, business cards, promotional material etc. You also have to go to the store not the counters in Myer or DJs. I went into Paddington and spoke with the Manager there. You can also contact Artist Relations in Melbourne (in the Chapel St store).

Hope this info helps
winks.gif

KK.

This isn't true. You can just email them. They send you the forms (almost exactly the same as the US form), and you need to provide two forms of pro ID (just like the US), then you send them back, they charge you AU$60. Then you wait for the confirmation/card to arrive
thmbup.gif

billy_cakes

does anyone know how many pictures u need in your portfolio? i mainly do make up at work (hairdressing salon) so its not like i have invoices or anything like that???

miss_bailey

Ali,
What did you have to send in?
I know in the states and UK you can get a pro card if you just work in the industry like hairdressers and models.
Just wondering if you can tell us more about the process.

boudoirblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
Ali,
What did you have to send in?
I know in the states and UK you can get a pro card if you just work in the industry like hairdressers and models.
Just wondering if you can tell us more about the process.

Its basically exactly the same as the US & UK
smiles.gif

There is industry discount for industry professionals too
winks.gif

stella89

over here the discount is 30% for makeup artists.

if you're an actor or someone who is in the arts industry, you could send in a copy of your resume, a business card, a program from a show you've done or something like that. i'm pretty sure on the form it lists the types of proof you can send in. but ali is right, it takes bloody forever for them to sort it out as the actual cards come all the way from canada!! my student one took about 2 months, and when it finally arrived it had my name spelt horribly wrong - instead of gabbi they put baggi!!!! also you have to pay the fee again if you go from student to pro, there's no upgrade system which is lame.

does anyone know if you can use your pro card overseas? im going to LA in a few days and really want to visit the mac pro store there!!

billy_cakes

Clearly im stupid but i looked at the site and i cant find infomation on australian pro? it just says for the uk and us? do i have to email them for a special form or something???

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella89
when it finally arrived it had my name spelt horribly wrong - instead of gabbi they put baggi!!!!

icon_eek.gif
OMG!!
th_LMAO.gif

simplyenchantin

billy, if you go to a store they have forms there you just need to ask.. then again I don't know if they have them at the MAC counters. I asked for a form at Chapel st for my ex housemate but she never ended up filling it in.. if I can find it somewhere I'll take a picture.

rockin26

I've spoken to a couple of MUA's at MAC about getting the pro card and the pro store told me all I need to bring in is my certificate from my training, business cards and ID. I don't have a portfolio yet but can bring in shots of my work but the pro store said I wouldn't need it.

Apparently you can only use the pro card at the pro store and not at the myer or DJ counters. I'll be going for mine as soon as my business cards are done and will let everyone know if I had any problems.

Latest posts