MAC RAVES - Great MA/Counter/Online Experiences

chocolategoddes

I remember having to call in the MAC customer service line for questions about my order, and the people I spoke with were all very helpful and sweet.
I was surprised because I'd think that with a job where you had to sit in a room, talking on the phone all day, one would get very irritated and grouchy.

aeroerin

I had an amazing new MA at my local MAC counter (Belk's, Friendly Center, Greensboro, NC). She told me that it was only her second day, but she was super helpful in helping me pick out a foundation for my skintone and, though I wasn't sure of the purchase, gave me a free sample of it in a small jar that'll last me a week. So sweet! (I did purchase a couple of e/s and a brush, so I wasn't just trying to get free swag). I just wish I had remembered her name to put in a good word for her.

EDIT: Her name is Taylor. I've purchased from her again & she is still my favorite MAC MA!

Ggxox

I find the customer service on MAC UK unbelievably fantastic but always pretty bad in stores. The best service I've ever had was in the pro store in London but then I've had awful service there too so it all depends!
xoxo

zosojacks

My (frequent) visits to MAC have all been pretty pleasant. The freestanding store in Metrotown has 2 of my favourite MUAs! They are both very sweet and answer my questions with a smile. I always go to them whenever I want to try a new look (bold lipstick, bright eyeshadow); we'll chat endlessly about how to apply products and coordinate shades. I could honestly talk to them for hours!

Pizzicata

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherox
This is why my fave MAC MA is a guy name Tony who works at a freestanding store. Of course I love the other MAs too! But he stands out the most because I've only been going in there for a year but he always remembers me. He even knows which colors I already have!! He keeps me updated on upcoming collections, which colors he thinks would look great on me, super helpful, and never pushy! I love how he knows that I'm a MAC addict and if I have one color, I don't need another LE that looks the same! Customer service really makes a difference because I would drive 20 minutes to the freestanding store as opposed to the counter which is 5 minutes away just because of it. Keep it up MAC! =]

Tony is superb. He knows so much about all brands of makeup, nail lacquers, fashion. He is a great artist and doesn't oversell.

Trish has moved on, btw. Miss her
bigheart.gif

Boasorte

I must say the the new M.A.C store in Grand Central is my new place to shop!
There is this one guy there , name Nicholas, he was just so nice, offered plenty of advice, staying patient while I was indecisive on what to buy, all u ladies who buy MAC in Manhattan, and if you're in Midtown, go shop there, it's a plesant experience.... (

Kragey

Soooo, I complained about the beyotches at my ONE MAC counter in the bad experiences thread, so I guess I should give mad props to the ladies at the OTHER MAC counter, who may wear "less fancy" makeup, but damn, they are awesome!

One experience has always stuck out to me. There was this sweet red-headed girl with really simple but neat make-up on running the counter, and I came looking for a new concealer. I was ready to run, because at the MAC Counter From Hell, everybody would try to push bronzers and such on me, when in fact, I like my skintone. So the girl asked what I was looking for, I told her, and I immediately added, "PS, I like my skintone, no, I do not want bronzers!" She laughed and asked why I said that, when I told her the "it's in" story (see bad experiences thread), she was like, "Oh, we don't do that at this counter!" Sure enough, she found the perfect concealer for me, as well as a really nice foundation that I haven't bought yet, but intend to come back for. Plus, she let me test out colors without looking at me like I was a freak and actually asked what I was in to. Eureka!

Dollfaced

I've had plenty of less than perfect MA experiences.

However, I usually go to the MAC counter closest to my house and I met just the awesomest (is that a word?) MA ever!
My best experiences with her are:
I came in to buy some blush and to get my B2M lippie. I tried on one of the LE lipsticks and it looked absolutely beautiful. She agreed to let me get it with my b2m even though they weren't allowed to with LE l/s. On top of that, she never even asked for my containers.
greengrin.gif
I got a free l/s!
Awesome.
Another experience of mine is that I came in to play with a collection and she had an appointment in a bit, but she wanted to do a look on me. She got someone else to cover her appointment and instead did a whole look on me.

She's GREAT! I'm kind of shy with her though, haha she's just that cool.

fingie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollfaced
I came in to buy some blush and to get my B2M lippie. I tried on one of the LE lipsticks and it looked absolutely beautiful. She agreed to let me get it with my b2m even though they weren't allowed to with LE l/s. On top of that, she never even asked for my containers.
greengrin.gif
I got a free l/s!

Aww I've had a similar happen when I miscounted my B2Ms (I was getting 3 lippies total from B2M) she was like "just throw em in there, don't worry about it"
smiles.gif
Although I have to admit though, I've B2Med for a ton of LE lippies before, so I think it is allowed...

JustAddSparkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracie
I've been to that dillards counter!! My older brother lives about 5 minutes from that mall, so whenever I go down to visit I go there. The last time I was there, there was a girl from NY that helped me..total sweetheart.

I also have to give big props to Patrick & Chelsea at the counter in WDM, Iowa...always amazing. I'm actually considering calling and making my order for the holiday stuff from there (when the time comes) instead of going to the counter here in Omaha. The Omaha girls seem nice enough, but I haven't really gotten to know them well yet. The counter manager seems kind of snotty, though.

OMG! I was doing random searches on here and found this post. Patrick was my FAVORITE!!!! I stopped going to MAC for years when he left. He's totally irreplacable. I've since found a couple girls at my counter who I like, but no one compares to Patrick!

hello_kitty

Early June I visited the pro store in Las Vegas in Caesars Palace. All the girls were super friendly and helpful! Definitely gotta give them props
smiles.gif
I had a list, so they just had to pull products for me, but when I did ask for some suggestions they went the mile to show me stuff and give me suggestions.

Much better than my experiences with MAC Pro in NYC, but I guess that's due to different clientele. The Vegas store doesn't attempt to hide themselves, so they have to have good customer service
smiles.gif

Lauren1981

i live in fort laud and my favorite counters are in macys at the galleria and in pembroke lakes. i don't go to broward mall that often but the girls in there are sweet too

lips_like_sugar

I have super friendly MA's at my counter (Dillards @ the Galleria Mall)! They are alll super knowledgeable and nice! Ive never had a bad experience there, and ive been going there for about 4 years now!! =)
yes.gif
mac_addict.gif

spunky

i just want to say that if anyone is in house of fraser's in glasgow, the girls are AMAZING. so helpful, chatty and very nice people
smiles.gif
even though they did tell me i can't B2M for LE lippies anymore [first i've heard of it, but they didn't make the rules] they helped me pick out some more and chatted about their favourite products and when they're going to the update.

those MAs are awesome and deserve some recognition for providing such great customer service!
greengrin.gif