MAC UK prices thread..

Sushi_Flower

I thought this might be usefull if people want to ask and answer how much things are in UK because i find it a pain to not know until i'm at the counter and it's hard asking around different threads how much specific products are when not many people are from the UK here. So this thread could be a good point for people to ask and find out.
If this has already been done then sorry!

I'll start - how much is

Primer
Pearlizers

Sushi_Flower

Thankyou for the link but i looked at that site just before i posted and i'm afraid it's quite empty in places and there's hardly any new products including the pearlizer and primer i want to know about.

user3

Bummer
ssad.gif

hmm... I wonder if you can just convert the US pricing?

Also did you try calling MAC? Maybe they can email you a list.

Good luck! I hope you find out the info you need.
smiles.gif

turtle_pixie_

Pearlizers are £10.50 and the face primer is £18. idk about the eyeprimer, i need to check. but if you need to know any prices, just pm me. I have almost all UK prices
smiles.gif

Sushi_Flower

I bought the Primer today and it is actually £16! The Pearlette pearlizer was there yesterday and i planned to buy it today but it was gone by the time i got there! I'm kind of glad deep deep down somewhere as it has saved me money!.....but i also really wanted it...

Turbokittykat

The price list linked to is mine. I started compiling it a while ago and it was coming on well, but I haven't had much time this year to work on it. It can also be really hard work getting UK prices because there's no MAC website for the UK, so it means going and bugging the girls at my local counter, and they're nearly always too busy to be able to help much.

However, if anyone has any prices not already included on the list, if you send them to me, I'll update the list with them. I've also recently realised I have to spend some time re-writing the code for the entire page because it doesn't display properly in Firefox. I've done some of the re-write, but I've not finished it yet.

I had a lot of updates to do from data people had sent me a couple of months ago but my hard drive crashed and I lost all the e-mails with the information in.

turtle_pixie_

£16? Really, I bought it for £18:S Maybe I was mistaken.
turbokittykat, I have hundreds of prices, would you like me to type them all out for you?

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle_pixie_
turbokittykat, I have hundreds of prices, would you like me to type them all out for you?

If it's not too much hassle to get them to me, yes please. I don't know what format they're in so maybe it'd be easier to scan them, or photocopy them and snail mail them? Don't worry if you can't work out an easy way to do it though. I can always update the products list with the items that are missing, like the pearlisers, and take it to my local MAC counter and ask them to fill in the blanks when they have spare time!

turtle_pixie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokittykat
If it's not too much hassle to get them to me, yes please. I don't know what format they're in so maybe it'd be easier to scan them, or photocopy them and snail mail them? Don't worry if you can't work out an easy way to do it though. I can always update the products list with the items that are missing, like the pearlisers, and take it to my local MAC counter and ask them to fill in the blanks when they have spare time!

I've printed out your page and filled it in so I can certainly type it out. I'll find a way of doing it easily.

JesusShaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
Bummer
ssad.gif

hmm... I wonder if you can just convert the US pricing?

it'd be cool if we could do that ... it'd be hella cheap .. lols!
but things in the UK cost more than the US... maybe with the conversion rates kinda low now its not so much of a difference.

JesusShaves

yeah they do add the tax after (sooo annoying :p).

But i have to say when i haul my mac in new york(where the tax is quite high)... i come out with waaaaay more than i'd ever be able to afford in london.

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle_pixie_
Yeah but our tax is added on, in America you pay tax on top of the product mostly yeah?

It depends which State you're in, and whether you're buying at a counter/store or ordering from the web or by 'phone.

As far as I know the highest rate of tax on MAC in the US is 8.5%, so in general MAC over there is a lot cheaper than it is here. The only exception I know of is the pearlisers. They were around $18 in the US and £10.50 here.

caffn8me

Strobe cream seems to be anomalously expensive in the USA compared to the general product prices.

Here are some examples and you'll see what I mean;

• Lipstick £11 ($18.70) in UK; $14 in USA. UK is 33% more expensive
  • Fluidline eyeliner £10.50 ($17.80) in UK; $13.50 in USA. UK is 32% more expensive
  • Blush pallette pan £11.00 ($18.70) in UK; $13.50 in USA. UK is 39% more expensive
  • Strobe Cream £18.50 ($31.40) in UK; $27.50 in USA. UK is 14% more expensive

Sushi_Flower

Philosopher the Pearlette Pearlizer was gone (the tester was taken out which usually means its gone) while Opulent and the purple one were there. This was on Thursday.

Eemaan

thanks sushi. at least ive got the Lingerie collection to look forward to in January. Rang the pro store yest, but they didnt have an exact date
cry.gif

Eemaan

quick question: how much are mac quads in UK? picked up inventive eyes on US ebay for $30 so just wanted to know how much they cost here

And are the MSFs £16.50?

Latest posts