Mac X Helmut Newton (October 27/ Nov 3 2016)

Dolly Snow

[FONT=&quot]M∙A∙C Limited Edition celebrates the erotically charged and elegant work of legendary photographer, Helmut Newton. A regular contributor to Vogue and Vanity Fair, Newton is known for his precise, glamorous and empowering photography of women. This limited-edition color collection captures the photographer’s provocative, exquisite taste, dressing wine-stained lips in sultry rogue while darkening eyes in the black and white shades of his signature aesthetic. Nails are lacquered in colors inspired by Monte Carlo and Berlin, two of his homes. A selection of Newton’s most iconic photographs adorns the bespoke packaging – his work remains as distinctive and influential as ever.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Quote from M∙A∙C Cosmetics Senior Vice President/Creative Director, James Gager: “I have always greatly admired Helmut Newton’s work – the precision and glamour of his images, as well as the strength and elegance of the women that he photographed. It is an honour to be able to create a makeup collection that captures his provocative vision in a M·A·C way.” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Quote from Worldwide Agent, the Helmut Newton Estate, Tiggy Maconochie:
“M·A·C supports Helmut Newton’s desire to have his photographs seen, celebrated and enjoyed. He liked to push the boundaries of what is acceptable while remaining chic and dynamic. Like Helmut Newton, M∙A∙C pushes boundaries in beauty, gender and beyond. Both are simultaneously modern and classic as well as empowering.”

Items include:

Point 'N' Shoot Eyeshadow Quad $32
[/FONT]

• Hard Currency- Grey (M)
  • Real Fantasy- Soft Eggshell (M)
  • Influential- Brown (S)
  • Point 'N' Shoot- Black (M)
[FONT=&quot]
Retro Matte Liquid Lip Color $21
[/FONT]

• Chateau M- Deep red wine
  • High Heels- Red
  • Self Portrait- Dark Plum
[FONT=&quot]
Nail Lacquer $13[/FONT]

• Monte Carlo Red (creme)
  • Call Time Grey (creme)
  • Berlin Purple (creme)
[FONT=&quot]
Liquid Eyeliner -Boot Black $21
Upward lash Black $23[/FONT]

verorl

I want the eye shadow quad... Don't really care about Retro Mattes, even if they are red.

fur4elise

That quad is nice. Along with reds, I'm a sucker for neutral shadows. I'll probably skip though. Have you tried the RMLL? I haven't gotten around to trying them yet.

I have not. I actually have 4 shades of those and a couple of the Liptensity in my "Rrrred!" favorites list to try. I figure when there is a sale/discount code I will pick up one of each to give a try. ;)

NaomiH

I have not. I actually have 4 shades of those and a couple of the Liptensity in my "Rrrred!" favorites list to try. I figure when there is a sale/discount code I will pick up one of each to give a try. ;)

I got Life's Blood liptensity last night to try out. Haven't worn it though because I'm too tired to makeup today. Lol

fur4elise

I got Life's Blood liptensity last night to try out. Haven't worn it though because I'm too tired to makeup today. Lol
Hmmmmm...now why is that sweet one?!? I don't know how y'all stayed up all night...hopefully you will get caught up tonight! :zzz:

NaomiH

Hmmmmm...now why is that sweet one?!? I don't know how y'all stayed up all night...hopefully you will get caught up tonight! :zzz:

I don't know how I've done it either. Getting too old for this! Never again after Selena EVER.

*Unless it's a David Bowie tribute collection.*

Mizani

DANGIT!! I might have to get all three of the liquid lipsticks...or at least two of the three. :D And just the other day I was thinking of how I wish MAC had a red Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick that was on the darker side.

SydVicious

None of those retro matte liquid lipsticks look like "deep plum" to me. I will check the liquid lips out as I really love those but I already have a couple really great reds in that formula.

Mizani

None of those retro matte liquid lipsticks look like "deep plum" to me. I will check the liquid lips out as I really love those but I already have a couple really great reds in that formula.

Aaaannnd once again MAC disappoints. I'm convinced they don't know what dark means. Also confirms 100% now for me that I can only get excited when they describe something as "deep", not "dark" :|

Latest posts