MAC x Nicki Minaj collection (September 21, 2017)

macaddictx

Just got Nicki's Nude! It's a really pretty colour and love the packaging. The swatch is just one swipe and I'm a NW13 at the moment.
IMG_0771.JPG IMG_0772.JPG

MissTania

Good call. I also would never roll the lipstick out all the way and apply it, so hopefully like she says, that was the issue.
On a different Mac note, Baby be cool lip kit launched in Canada today and I bought it immediately. I was having buyers remorse for not getting it from Nordstrom and I was crossing my fingers that it would launch elsewhere. I know you love it, so I'm positive that I will too :icon_cheers::)

I think you'll want a back up! My Not Too Sweet lipstick has some indentations but I don't think it will break. It's such a beautiful colour I hope they make it full size if they re-release it in future. It hasn't released here but we got the Liquid Lip sets so lucky I got it from Nordstrom!

filio

Picked up the lipsticks! I liked them paired with a lipliner (colourpop bf3 to outline to avoid concealer lips) I try to post swatches tomorrow, its very clouded and rainy to take good pictures. Derriere is a pretty unique nude for me, the shade has very yellow undertones instead of macs typical nudes with either a pink or a orange/red undertone atleast the nudes I own.

MissTania

Oh her site, she explains that the unlabeled swatch is just The Pinkprint again. My list has also went down after realizing that a lot of these will not be flattering on me, now it's both lipglasses, Playing Koi, Bosom Friend and maybe 2N.

Thank you! I am looking forward to more swatches on fair skin.

filio

Some swatches!

My skintone is around nc50? I swatched on my hand because its less yellow and darker.

L-R: easy babe, age sex location, a girls got needs, derriere and among the fireflies.(bought it as a back-up)

IMAG5166~2.jpg

Derriere looks like a concealer on me it just disapeared in

NATlar

I can't decide if I want to get Nickis Nude and PinkPrint..

Among The Fireflies is amazing one of my favourites glad to see it back! I backed that one up when it first came out so it's only the other two above I mentioned that I'm debating about but can easily be a pass for me!

jennyap

I can't decide if I want to get Nickis Nude and PinkPrint..
Among The Fireflies is amazing one of my favourites glad to see it back! I backed that one up when it first came out so it's only the other two above I mentioned that I'm debating about but can easily be a pass for me!

They've both sold out online already! I had Pink Print in my cart a few minutes ago (although like you I wasn't 100% sure about it) but it sold out before I checked out. Nicki's Nude was already gone by the time I logged in. I just got Mmmmm in the end.

Mac-Guy

Good call. I also would never roll the lipstick out all the way and apply it, so hopefully like she says, that was the issue.
On a different Mac note, Baby be cool lip kit launched in Canada today and I bought it immediately. I was having buyers remorse for not getting it from Nordstrom and I was crossing my fingers that it would launch elsewhere. I know you love it, so I'm positive that I will too :icon_cheers::)

Yeah. I was like, "How does that?!" Of course it will break if you roll it out too far.

NATlar

They've both sold out online already! I had Pink Print in my cart a few minutes ago (although like you I wasn't 100% sure about it) but it sold out before I checked out. Nicki's Nude was already gone by the time I logged in. I just got Mmmmm in the end.

They're back in stock now still not 100% sure haha but my local store has them in stock too.

jennyap

Managed to grab a couple ultra quick swatches.

Top to bottom: Nicki's Nude, The Pink Print, Mmmmmm

IMG_4517.JPG

Overall I think I'm happy with just Mmmmmmm. The Pink Print might work on me, but I can live without it.

Will try do more swatches on Monday / Tuesday if I get time. Any specific requests let me know!

NATlar

View attachment 61251

Overall I think I'm happy with just Mmmmmmm. The Pink Print might work on me, but I can live without it.

Will try do more swatches on Monday / Tuesday if I get time. Any specific requests let me know!

Thanks for the swatches hun... I think i can live without Pink Print it actually reminds me of Please Me and Snob well not exactly but in the same family haha. Totally loving Nickis Nude and Mmmmmm so pretty!!

lyseD

Thanks for these. I knew I would love Mmmmmmm.

View attachment 61251

Tashaboo

Some swatches!

My skintone is around nc50? I swatched on my hand because its less yellow and darker.

L-R: easy babe, age sex location, a girls got needs, derriere and among the fireflies.(bought it as a back-up)

View attachment 61205

Derriere looks like a concealer on me it just disapeared in

Omg I was looking at the picture and was like "oh there are 3 swatches great their starting to come out". Then when I started reading I noticed that you listed 5 colors.. I was like where are the other colors.. am I seeiing things?? Then I saw your comment at the bottom about the other color looking like a concealer lol. But thank you for the swatches.. because I will probably skip the actual nicki ones and go for easy babe, derriere and among the fireflies... but I do like the age sex and location one too.. Maybe i should just get all 5 just to be on the safe side..

lyseD

Good lord, after watching that video I want the opposite shades to what I thought I wanted. Being NW18 I don't think they'll look as good on me but they look perfect on her.

Thinking of --age/sex/location, easy babe and baby's alright.

jennyap

My Mmmmmm arrived, really happy with it! It's a great nude on me, not too pale (although I am very fair, my lips are reasonably pigmented and anything too light just looks weird on me IMO).

Packaging is different than I've seen before - guessing that is specific to this collection but it would be nice if they'd do this with all lipstick packaging.

the light was already fading here so it was difficult to get colour-accurate swatches but I did mange to get some comparisons, hopefully these are useful. This is pretty much all my neutral/nude type MAC lipsticks!

Mmmmmm is the long swatch on top, then from L-R they are:
Driftwood (Liptensity), Feed the Senses, Glamourdaze, Pander Me, Hot Chocolate and Boca. Glamourdaze is the closest, just a bit less intense (as expected with the different finishes)

sorry they're a bit scrappy swatches, I was rushing to try catch the light!

IMG_0944.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4529.JPG
    IMG_4529.JPG
    519.5 KB · Views: 1,040
Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

My Mmmmmm arrived, really happy with it! It's a great nude on me, not too pale (although I am very fair, my lips are reasonably pigmented and anything too light just looks weird on me IMO).

Packaging is different than I've seen before - guessing that is specific to this collection but it would be nice if they'd do this with all lipstick packaging.

the light was already fading here so it was difficult to get colour-accurate swatches but I did mange to get some comparisons, hopefully these are useful. This is pretty much all my neutral/nude type MAC lipsticks!

Mmmmmm is the long swatch on top, then from L-R they are:
Driftwood (Liptensity), Feed the Senses, Glamourdaze, Pander Me, Hot Chocolate and Boca. Glamourdaze is the closest, just a bit less intense (as expected with the different finishes)

sorry they're a bit scrappy swatches, I was rushing to try catch the light!

View attachment 61263

Thank you for the amazing swatch!!! I'm glad you're enjoying Mmmmm!

jennyap

Managed to get a few comparisons with permanent shades, although as you'll see I didn't manage to pick out any really close dupes!
Main row of swatches, from top to bottom:
Faux, The Pink Print, Creme Cup, Snob, Shy Girl, Shanghai Spice, Nicki's Nude, Cosmo
The two alongside are Mmmmmm and Brave, then at the last minute I added Patisserie, that's the bottom swatch in the last pic.

IMG_6695.JPG IMG_6696.JPG IMG_6697.JPG

Latest posts