Magnolia Makeup

sss215

Has anyone tried their pigments? I have been hearing good things about this indy brand and I ordered O.C.S, a yellow orange which is like the color or orange juice. it doesn't look frosty, so i was sold on it!

Overall, the colors look very pigmented and they are reported as being very smooth and easy to blend. This line is was also created by two women of color who were inspired to fill some various gaps in the cosmetics industry by offering fun, bright and heavily pigmented colors. They even have a color that looks similar to MAC's Sassy Grass (Garden District), and from what I've read, its better than Sassy Grass, which is one of my favorite greens.

The product names are pretty unique as well. Magnolia Makeup also offers blushes and lip porducts. If unfamilar, you can find swatches on a few blogs out there, as well as you tube.

I am going to be excited to get my order. I place the order on Wed. and it shipped already. That's great service!

i follow them on twitter and they are going to be at the makeup show. not sure in what capacity though.

DILLIGAF

I actually was able to grab 4 of their pigments during a sale earlier in the year. I picked up Uptown, Colures, 108 and a forth color who's name escapes me at the moment. I was deliberately seeking out matte pigments and I'm very satisfied with what I have. They blend easily and I do love the color selection. They are very pigmented and will work with any eyeshadow base you are currently using. For a further and more in dept review THE FANCY FACE our very own tthwell here on Specktra has a detailed review on her blog. I would gladly purchase again from this company and I currently have Garden District in my sights.

sss215

I have my eye on Garden District too. I want to check out Tutu, Chanel, 108 and a few others. The Fancy Face had a great review on them, as well as Erin (edotrich.wordpress.com) The pigmentation and fact they blend well is something I'm looking forward to. The colors are exciting too!

honybr

sss215 - please report back on your thoughts when you receive your order. I'm eyeing a few of them but I'm not very good with pigments so hence my hesitiation. I'll have to check out the other reviews you and Dillgaf mentioned as well.

tthelwell

They are truly fab! I love that the pigments are mattes or satin rather than frosty. They are high quality and blend well. I will say tho for a brighter pop of color a stuicky base is best but they work well over regular primers and bases.

The sisters are also VERY SWEET! I love that they have frequent sales and new colors every few months. They will release new colors in June as well so that will be great. Also check out the glitter because they are FAB!

I have a number of swatches and reviews on my blog as well as looks using the products. Thanks for mentioning me DILLIGAF and SSS125! Erin also has great swatches and looks!

sss215

They are truly fab! I love that the pigments are mattes or satin rather than frosty. They are high quality and blend well. I will say tho for a brighter pop of color a stuicky base is best but they work well over regular primers and bases.

The sisters are also VERY SWEET! I love that they have frequent sales and new colors every few months. They will release new colors in June as well so that will be great. Also check out the glitter because they are FAB!

I have a number of swatches and reviews on my blog as well as looks using the products. Thanks for mentioning me DILLIGAF and SSS125! Erin also has great swatches and looks
Thanks! Have you tried them with MAC white chromaline. I can't use NXY Milk pencil as a base, it creases on me.

sss215

I took advantage of their black friday sale and ordered, chanel, atl, garden district, mystique, and big shot.

these pigments are very pigmented! the satins are smooth, the mattes are very pigmented! there is nothing chalky about them

there are colors in the range for everyone; and they are adding more in 2012. since they are pigments, the quantity adds to the value as well.

i hope everyone gets a chance to try them out, if you do, you won't be disappointed!

BeautyByLele

I too took advantage of the Black Friday Sale and picked up a few pigments, I am patiently waiting for my order to arrive!!! This is my first purchase from Magnolia so Im super excited!

sss215

Please keep reporting back on your opinion about the Magnolia products!
I really like them. Did a look with OCS, Big Shot and Mystique and I loved it. The colors are very long wearing.

Mystique is what NARS Outremer should have been. Its such a pretty blue and very pigmented. I used a little fix+ when I applied them just in case anyone was wondering. I use fix+ with all my pigments.

devin

I think I have about all of the Magnolia pigments. I have swatches on my blog as well. I absolutely love the colors. They are really pigmented, and blend very well! They have some really unique colors as well. I love gambit, gilded, garden district, fire water, puddin', cayenne, kente, gold nugget, calliope, and kiss. There are more faves, but those are just a few.

Richelle83

Yay Devin your sorta back to posting!

I have the garden district kaleidoscope and some didn't wow me, but others did. Overall you can't really go wrong with their pigments. Makeup after dark blog has some great swatches as well.

amber815

quick/dumb question about these types of shadows? are you still applying a primer? applying them wet? please enlighten a loose shadow newbie!

Thanks!

Richelle83

quick/dumb question about these types of shadows? are you still applying a primer? applying them wet? please enlighten a loose shadow newbie!

Thanks!

They are loose shadows/pigments, yes to the primer, sometimes yes to applying wet(depends on mood/look).

I noticed on FB they have a new collection coming out and they are also having a Christmas sale! I hope they are half off again, I see some blushes that I might have to get.

Richelle83

Got these a long time ago but here are some swatches of the Garden District Kaleidoscope.

Top row- Wisteria, Zany, Violets Are... Second row-Celeste, ATL, Tart, Mint Julep.

sss215

Thanks!

Try a mixing medium. you can make one at home with glycerin and water. also fix+ is good to use.

DILLIGAF

I was kicking myself for missing out on the Black Friday Sale and I just placed an order with them. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Garden District. I've been coveting it for a long time!!!!

sss215

I was kicking myself for missing out on the Black Friday Sale and I just placed an order with them. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Garden District. I've been coveting it for a long time!!!!
Garden District is so pretty! It reminds me of MAC sassy grass e/s, my favorite MAC green, which is good cause now I don't have to sit and wonder if MAC will ever repromote it.
For this sale, now through the 28th, I ordered Ella, Fluer de Fab, Puddin, Blood Orange and Speakeasy. I am excited and may go back for more. The shipping rate is so reasonable as well. $5.00 shipping for a 40.00 purchase! Loved that!

Latest posts