Maintenance for color-treated/ chemically-treated hair

jasper17

I finally broke down and got some highlights this weekend and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a good shampoo that will help keep the colors bright and hair nice and soft and maybe also has sublock built in.

I bought Paul Mitchell Color Care shampoo and conditioner and it makes my hair feel... heavy, for lack of a better description.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
thmbup.gif

user2

Hi!

I totallly love the TIGI Catwalk Fashionista Shampoo and Conditioner! Especially the shampoo is very productively, I use mine for about 6 months right now!
You can add the Smooth & Shine afterwards to protect your hair from heat damages which are caused by a blow dryer or a straightening iron!

The shampoo costs $9.95, the conditioner and the Smooth & Shine $12.95 each.

Most of the times TIGI offers specials. Right now its Haute Stuff with the shampoo and conditioner for $12.95!

Go and check it out on: http://www.tigihaircare.com/us/whatsnew/

glittergoddess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
Hi!

I totallly love the TIGI Catwalk Fashionista Shampoo and Conditioner! Especially the shampoo is very productively, I use mine for about 6 months right now!
You can add the Smooth & Shine afterwards to protect your hair from heat damages which are caused by a blow dryer or a straightening iron!

The shampoo costs $9.95, the conditioner and the Smooth & Shine $12.95 each.

Most of the times TIGI offers specials. Right now its Haute Stuff with the shampoo and conditioner for $12.95!

Go and check it out on: http://www.tigihaircare.com/us/whatsnew/

I'm with her on this but I use TIGI's bedhead line. I have dark hair and I dye it a dark burgundy color and I use the "Dumb Blonde" line and it has saved my poor hair from ruin. Smells like fruit punch.

user2

I also looove Small Talk! Its like a 3 in 1 product: Thickener, Styler and Vitalizer!
And Ego Boost, the leave in conditioner!
Thats my second obsession besides MAC!

Juneplum

quotes glittergoddess27:
"I'm with her on this but I use TIGI's bedhead line. I have dark hair and I dye it a dark burgundy color and I use the "Dumb Blonde" line and it has saved my poor hair from ruin. Smells like fruit punch."

so true! i love dumb blonde! it does smell yummy! i've used that too in my highlighted hair..
greengrin.gif

Bubbles

I use Tigi products, Bed head moisture manic shampoo and Catwalk fashionista conditioner. Hope this helps.
smiles.gif

jasper17

Ok, so next shampoo go-round, it's going to be Tigi something
greengrin.gif
This Paul Mitchell stuff seems to get heavier and heavier and the conditioner clogs my shower drain!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper17
Ok, so next shampoo go-round, it's going to be Tigi something
greengrin.gif
This Paul Mitchell stuff seems to get heavier and heavier and the conditioner clogs my shower drain!

i used paul mitchell too. it smells great. but it feels really heavy and it clogged my drain up too and left nasssty residue on my shower. i use TiGI Bed head dumb blonde for my highlighted hair. it smells a little like rotten grapefruits but its tolerable and it makes my hair feel fanstastic. Also you might want to try a little leave in , i recommend Potion 9 by sebastian. or anti snap by redken which is what i am currently using. it only takes a little bit. dont use a lot or your hair will get crusty in spots.

Shawna

I recommend the new Matrix colour protect line. I have blonde highlights and this stuff keeps the colour true without weighing down my hair.

Shoe Crazy

I use Matrix products as well. The color care in the purple bottle works really well along with Biolage by Matrix for color treated hair.

allie02044

i use redken's color stuff. works AWESOME. tigi doesnt do it for me. they seem to be more about the packaging than the products.

allie02044

i use redken's color stuff. works AWESOME. tigi doesnt do it for me. they seem to be more about the packaging than the products.

din

I used Bed Head s/c for a long time when I finally realized that it was stripping the protein from my hair and not moisturizing it enough. I had to find something else to love and now I'm using Redken Color Extend which I'm happy with.

jadeangelx

I use Catwalk oatmeal and honey shampoo and conditioner. It helps moisturize my hair some, but not as much as I'd like...

JessieC

I love Goldwell Products but I also love kerastase. It could very well be the BEST stuff I have ever put in my hair. and it keeps my blondes shiny and shimmery. I love the reflection line for my color, but I play water polo so I am in the sun TONS, too much really, and the apres-soleil line is amazing.

Sasha_2084

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper17
I finally broke down and got some highlights this weekend and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a good shampoo that will help keep the colors bright and hair nice and soft and maybe also has sublock built in.

I bought Paul Mitchell Color Care shampoo and conditioner and it makes my hair feel... heavy, for lack of a better description.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
thmbup.gif

It's on the expensive side but well worth it.

If you have straight hair, Sleek by Matrix

If you have curly hair, Curl by Matrix

Shampoo and Conditioner

Also will want to get a Color Rinse -- which is sort of like a conditioner in the color of your highlights or hair color -- it's by Farouk and works wonders. Park of Biosilk Line...

So Shampoo, Conditioner, Color Rinse

Come out of the shower after a hair wash and apply Biosilk by Farouk to damp hair

Then do whatever you normally do to it.

I wash mine ever other to two days and do this...

I also comb my hair ou while conditioner is in it. Then when I apply that Color Rinse, I leave it in, and shave my legs or whatever, then rinse it out like a second conditioner

My hair, is thick, curly/wavy, frizzy and layered!!! It's quite a task to take care of...but it's well worth it for me because I LOVE my hair
smiles.gif

Sasha_2084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe Crazy
I use Matrix products as well. The color care in the purple bottle works really well along with Biolage by Matrix for color treated hair.

Yeppers Matrix & Farouk systems all the way for me!

Latest posts